Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: User Handles

Smile

My handle comes from my younger and more malicious days...

Confirmed kill- the name given to a defaced website, an owned box or a server that has had a successful DoS attack launched against it.

Like I said, I was alot more malicious in my youth. These days Im too busy just trying to figure out the tricky parts of Linux and keep myself outta trouble!

this is me

I used to be burly_tuner (aka big joint) was getting tired of it...started just typing random stuff into notepad at my buddies house (I was bored) and tripstone came out of my brain through all the channels it takes through my fingers and onto the screen...liked it so much...that i ve had it ever since...7 years now...but i noticed now that there are other tripstones out there...i dont remeber seeing them until a few years after i got mine...so i like to think of myself as the original tripstone

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Talking

My name came from my cat (yes, I know.. lameness). Originally, back in 93 it was Mittens (the cat's actual name) but while on IRC someone else said that he was Mittens and was recognized as such. He asked if I would consider changing.

I thought what the hell and added the Ms to refer to my gender. .

Nowadays I'm pretty much the only MsMittens I've ever seen online and even have a vanity domain.

bpx...

Mine means breakpoint on execution, i only use it to avoid my inbox being filled with ****.

Banned

Dome

Mine is actualy kind of stupid, when i was a lil kid i used DoMe95 as my AOL screen name (Do Me, hehe i was a kid)
    and well after a while people started calling me DoMe and then it evolved on to Dome, kind of lame, but hey how many "Dome" do you know???? I have never seen any.

Hmm... anyone else every play Sierra's online game The Realm? It has since been tossed over to "Codemasters" or something. Anyway, I was one of the original beta testers... I stopped playing quite a while ago. It was an online multiplayer RPG, basically. Not 3d, however. Anyway, I was trying to find a good name to use and I thought about Teran from... what was the book? I think Ursula Le Guinn was the author... black cauldron something. Anyway, I wasn't super-enamored of the character, but I decided to use Terran. This was before starcraft came out and everyone suddenly got the impression that ANYONE using that name was automatically using it as the latin meaning and was also 'stealing' it from starcraft.

Anyway, I decided to henceforth use Terr, since that's what everyone used as a nickname for me anyway on the Roleplay chat channel in the game. (Channel 2)

The [HvC] tag is from when I was in Tribes (1) (Online First-person shooter, teamplay), so it's not a permanent fixture to the name. I just use the tag because... well... I forget. HvC is short for Havoc, which is the tribe/mod which I had a lot to do with. If the site is up (another HvC guy runs the server, and it has occasional outages) You can see the Tribes 2 site of it at http://www.havoctribe.org , which is my work, or the Tribes 1 site at http://www.planettribes.com/havoc/ , which is not mine.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

my handle is pretty self-explanatory. i'm not really a psycho, though, just... weird. and i didn't want to use my other handles.
    \"If you wish to speak to technical support, please hang up now.\"

*click*

My handle...Mmmm, it just came up, i was with a friend of mine and we thought it would be like computer-internet related u know.
    Maybe it's kind of lame, but, what the hell.
    The only thing that matters is what we have in our minds, not the way we call ourselves...:-)
    \"The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm...

I've always liked Alcatraz, the place, and the two movies involving it that I've seen. The latest was 'The Rock' which was a very good movie. Plus, I just like the sound of it.
    Why am I still here?

Pr3shur = Pressure

I think my sig explains it.
    Pr3shuR
    ----------
    always