Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: jesus saves

Lightbulb

I believe in Jesus, God, and the Spirit. I also believe that God is a god of love--not of wrath. I believe Jesus came to earth, and I believe he is comming back to take us home. I also believe that the Seventh-day is the Sabbath. I am a Seventh-day Adventist for those who want to now. I chalange any and every one of you who think Sunday is the true Sabbath to prove it to me. Thank you all for reading this. Remember God loves, God Saves.

Banned
    Originally posted by Sandsword2
    I also believe that the Seventh-day is the Sabbath. (...) I chalange any and every one of you who think Sunday is the true Sabbath to prove it to me.
    Huh? Am I missing something here, or are you a talking mystery?
    I hope you read this before sunday...

Banned
    Originally posted by Wayfarer
    the government loves religion,(though they won't admit it) cause they have'nt found anything else that they can control the masses with as well as that.
    Something I always thought myself.

i'll throw in my two cents... it is interesting that our calendar is based on the death of Jesus... and we're not marking time after the death of anyone else are we?
    I\'d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.....

Cyanide cocktail anyone? (with a pineapple twist, of course..)

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Talking

I believe in me.

Jesus built my hot rod ...

Banned
    Originally posted by drkevorkian
    i'll throw in my two cents... it is interesting that our calendar is based on the death of Jesus... and we're not marking time after the death of anyone else are we?
    Well I suppose that is correct but he is apparently the son of God, I would rather base a calender on a man millions believe in than just 'anyone else'?

I'd rather base my calendar on something like the stars n such, coz no-one can change those, no religion nor other types of organisation...

*I beg that people don't start shooting rockets at stars to prove me wrong... 8)*

Althought my desire to base on stars does leave one question.. where do you start???

It is almost morning... (about 20 minutes till sunrise).. I'm going to bed... mez sleepy...

nite/mornin' y'all

Shmoo
    I personally have nothing against people who worship religion. I grew up not going to church or learning about god and Jesus, but rather than science. What I do believe in though is spirits or ghosts. I believe that when someone dies their body becomes an empty shell and their spirit becomes free and can either go to the spirit world, which is much like ours or can roam around this earth looking for unfinished business that may be bothering the spirit. I have been having some problems in one of my classes by these people who are hardcore religion peeps. Anyways they just say I'm going to go to hell for eternity because I don’t believe in what they believe, and the reason I don’t believe is because I don’t want to believe. **** you, this is America I have the right to believe in whatever the **** I want to believe in. Our government is not controlled by the church anymore go take a couple years in biology, history, and physics and get some god damn sense in your heads. Then they tell me I'm a Satanist! How the **** can I be a Satanist if I don’t even believe in god! Then they got the guts to go on and tell a good friend of mine that she’s a bitch cause she believes in Wicca, like the powers of the moon and the stars and so and such. What I'm about to say next may piss a lot of people off, but I believe that the bible is mostly full of bullshit. Back in the day when something extraordinary happen and they had no clue how it occurred they would just assume it was some "God". Anyways, how do we know Jesus didn’t have a twin brother?

Banned
    Originally posted by Shmoo
    Anyways they just say I'm going to go to hell for eternity because I don’t believe in what they believe, and the reason I don’t believe is because I don’t want to believe.
    How can these people claim to be moral people when they say you are going to hell instead of at least trying to convince you in the teachings of their religion. This is just old-fashioned and very few real Christians would say this to any person.
    Then they tell me I'm a Satanist! How the **** can I be a Satanist if I don’t even believe in god!
    Many a time I have used this in arguments referring to religion.
    What I'm about to say next may piss a lot of people off, but I believe that the bible is mostly full of bullshit.
    The Bible is just a methaphor for life, it is not supposed to accurate but a collection of stories helping it's followers understand the way of life they should live etc.
    Anyways, how do we know Jesus didn’t have a twin brother?
    Well Jesus did in fact live, it is fact. I think if he had a twin brother it would have been recorded.

I am open to debate on this one as Im not all that interested in religion and an atheist and Im sure others can give you a more concise answer than myself.