Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: jesus saves

the term is "agnostic", but I am a believer. I can't help it. GOD has done absolutely amazing things in my life. People are usually amazed to find out that a little over two years ago I was sitting in a prison cell in Stateville Pen. for possession with intent to deliver of 42 hits of acid and strung out on halucinogens and now I'm 20, still alive and well, a sophmore+ at Illinois State University majoring in telecommunications, and feeling better than I ever have before. It's not a lifestyle and it's not perfect. It's a relationship and it's a roller-coaster ride, but man.... eternity is forever and I can't wait.

Peace,
    thinkt4nk

Cool

Those who believe ye shall succeed.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Thumbs up Re: time, space, philosophy

Originally posted by Kezil
    Ahh, the perplexities of the beginning. The scientific theory goes that the universe was created by a spontaneous event called the big bang. Of course, there's still the problem of what was there before it. Perhaps this universe is just a subdimension of another universe (think of the end of Men in Black: Aliens playing marbles with our universe, the cat with the galaxy on its neck). Then again, where did that universe come from?

On the other hand, the universe, an extremely large and complex mechanism with defined rules that control all possibilities, was created spontaneously. So what rules out that a supreme being, an entity that could control the infinite nothingness that was, could be created just as spontaneously.

Now for a couple of perhaps disturbing possibilities. Our universe could be the creation of a supreme being, but that supreme being could just be a scientist of a higher universe doing a study on dimensional physics for its 5th grade science class project. Or perhaps we are the figment of someone's imagination, locked in a coma in another world, another time.

Finally, what makes you think that this universe is even in any way real at all? Could it be that you're just crazy and were all figments of your depraved imagination? That, in reality, you're sitting in a cave dying, with no one around, no one in you're reality? What if you don't exist at all?

The possibilities are endless. We all seek to learn how we came to be here. Many need to believe that we have god, otherwise, there is the horrible probability that there can not be such a thing as pure good, and since there is no god, there may be no devil, in which case, we are the only ones we have to blame for all the suffering in this world. Likewise, yet oppositely, there are those who believe in the big bang or other scientific theories. They need these theories to prove that there is some law in the universe, that everything is not random but structured, and that reality is not based on whim.

In the end though, scientific facts, whether natural or purposefully created or even imagined, are still there, and they dictate that the universe is in a constant state of entropy with our world destined to come to an end in a red ball of fire by the expansion of the sun into a red giant. These laws also dictate that there can be no perpetual motion machine, including the universe, and the universe will eventually settle into a static mass, with no differences of any type anywhere.

What one believes is just as likely as another's belief, that is, if there is anyone else in the first place...

And the last line says it all.........................anyways a lot of effort put in there!! good job!

YES I BELIEVE..BUT IT IS A HARD FIGHT BETWEEN WHAT I WANT TO DO AND WHAT FAITH TEACHES NOT TO DO..BUT I THINK WITH AN EFFORT I CAN LIVE WITH OUT WHAT I LIKE JUST TO UPHOLD WHAT I BELIEVE

AntiOnline Senior Member
    In my opinion, the name of the forum says it all. "Jesus Saves."