Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: jesus saves

time, space, philosophy

Ahh, the perplexities of the beginning. The scientific theory goes that the universe was created by a spontaneous event called the big bang. Of course, there's still the problem of what was there before it. Perhaps this universe is just a subdimension of another universe (think of the end of Men in Black: Aliens playing marbles with our universe, the cat with the galaxy on its neck). Then again, where did that universe come from?

On the other hand, the universe, an extremely large and complex mechanism with defined rules that control all possibilities, was created spontaneously. So what rules out that a supreme being, an entity that could control the infinite nothingness that was, could be created just as spontaneously.

Now for a couple of perhaps disturbing possibilities. Our universe could be the creation of a supreme being, but that supreme being could just be a scientist of a higher universe doing a study on dimensional physics for its 5th grade science class project. Or perhaps we are the figment of someone's imagination, locked in a coma in another world, another time.

Finally, what makes you think that this universe is even in any way real at all? Could it be that you're just crazy and were all figments of your depraved imagination? That, in reality, you're sitting in a cave dying, with no one around, no one in you're reality? What if you don't exist at all?

The possibilities are endless. We all seek to learn how we came to be here. Many need to believe that we have god, otherwise, there is the horrible probability that there can not be such a thing as pure good, and since there is no god, there may be no devil, in which case, we are the only ones we have to blame for all the suffering in this world. Likewise, yet oppositely, there are those who believe in the big bang or other scientific theories. They need these theories to prove that there is some law in the universe, that everything is not random but structured, and that reality is not based on whim.

In the end though, scientific facts, whether natural or purposefully created or even imagined, are still there, and they dictate that the universe is in a constant state of entropy with our world destined to come to an end in a red ball of fire by the expansion of the sun into a red giant. These laws also dictate that there can be no perpetual motion machine, including the universe, and the universe will eventually settle into a static mass, with no differences of any type anywhere.

What one believes is just as likely as another's belief, that is, if there is anyone else in the first place...
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

Shmoo
    Well said man, well said.

Yes the question of are we real can really make my head spin
    In a quiet moment try to think about the infinity of the universe. It will make you dizzy trying to grasp and imagine something truly incomprehensible like where the universe ends

The Creation vs. Evolution argument has been raging for years with no end in sight. An atheist Russian astronomer visiting America once said, “Either there is a God or there isn’t. Both possibilities are frightening!” The Russian astronomer was right: either the universe was designed, or it came about by random chance. These appear to be the only two known options. Which of these views you adopt as your philosophy or life will have a profound effect on many decisions you make and your eternal destiny when life is over.
    If there is a Creator, we need to find out who He is, what He wants and do what He says! If there is no Creator, if the evolution theory is true and the universe was formed by chance, then there are no absolutes regarding right and wrong – there are no rules! Man becomes God.

There are four great questions in life:
    1. Who am I?
    2. Where did I come from?
    3. Why am I here?
    4. Where am I going when I die?

Your answer to these questions will depend upon which of these “world-views” you have chosen. Many major decisions and topics of debate in this life really are determined by which philosophy you adopt.

I myself am a Christian. . . . and I hope none of you hold that against me. To each his own.

Banned

Thumbs down Re: jesus saves

Well honestly.. I believe that the bible was the christians way of ripping off the Torah(The first five books from the OT from the Jews.. And twisting it to their own perception of reality thus introducing a "savior and an enemy". Christianity could never have such a strong following with out the tools it uses for brainwashing etc. One thing I can say that is good that came out of christianity is the .. um never mind Well that is my little piece on what I think.

24 Comic Sans MS purple Alright im not saying im a devil worshiper but I was never babtised, never been to church, and I was brought up to belive in any religion I choose as I get older...and I still dont have one!
    Out of all the things I\'ve lost, I miss my mind the most

Alright im not saying im a devil worshiper but I was never babtised, never been to church, and I was brought up to belive in any religion I choose as I get older...and I still dont have one!

Banned
    Do you believe in double posting?

Unhappy

Hey Ennis... Dont blame me! I dont know how to do stuff! I just signed up 2 days ago! lol And No I dont belive in double posting...I belive in triple posting...

Banned
    I was only messing dude, nice to see you not taking it serious. LOL!