Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am in deeeeeep ****

Unhappy I am in deeeeeep ****

ok I'll make the story short

I am in a fight with a girl from school for over 2 years now!
    I decided to make a website about here, where I call here a hoocker (which she is, matter of speech) and included here tel number, mobile number, and made a little screen where you can enter remarks which will be send to HER email adres

well maybe I went to far, but she did some nasty things to me too

the problem:

she reported this to the police, I am shutting everything down
    but should I be afraid for the police, can they find my IP adres??
    does hotmail register your IP adres

plz answer this question, without making arguments about that I was wrong blabla (many people do!!)

cause I am not feeling really happy
    GOD invented evolution \'cause he couldn\'t do it all by himself.

right well you did you too far. they will prob get you on the fact that you told the public her phone number and personal stuff like that. it would have been free speech, but seems how you told people personal stuff (like her mobile number and what not), they will prob make you appologize and do community service.

-havanger
    Do it now and ask for forgiveness later

good...

i hope you do feel bad about yourself.

if anyone published my address/email/phone on the web i swear i would go and stab them several times.
    a LITTLE to far? you didnt cross the line - your **** on it.

i hope you get in alot of treouble for it

Getting some legal advise might be a very good thing to do at this point. Not sure about where you live, but you may be able to find an agency that will help you out (legal advice that is) for little or no cash.

Originally posted by Tomsan
    does hotmail register your IP adres
    Any email you send from hotmail will display your IP address in the header.

Chances are you are safe. If she is as sick as you are, they will probably not even waste their time with either of you. She will have to actually press charges against you, and they will probably discourage her from doing so.

Originally posted by xstonedogx

Any email you send from hotmail will display your IP address in the header.

Chances are you are safe. If she is as sick as you are, they will probably not even waste their time with either of you. She will have to actually press charges against you, and they will probably discourage her from doing so.
    As long as you dont have a static IP.. Police are pretty much a buncha lamers.. I know I did alot of crap like that when i was 15.. Denial my friend.... DENIAL! wasnt J00...

(Now if you have a static IP then ur f00ked)

------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

As much as I think this was a very stupid idea, I don't know that there is anything illigeal about this?! (Hey, don't hold me on that, I'm no lawyer). Perhaps defamation about calling her a hooker (unless she litterally is). Or maybe harrasment... depending on what has been sent based on your webpage...

Anyways, hope you got your lesson! Between, why don't you just apologize...

Ammo

PS: Anyting said in this post DOES NOT constitute legal advice and is just my opinion!

I stick with my original post, everyone on this site is likely going to tell you your in ****, but only a Lawyer is going to be able to tell you how much **** your in, how deep it is, and the best way to get out of it.

Originally posted by DjM
    Getting some legal advise might be a very good thing to do at this point. Not sure about where you live, but you may be able to find an agency that will help you out (legal advice that is) for little or no cash.

AntiOnline Senior Member
    I don't think the cops will do crap...

Hi mom!
    Your location sais 'amsterdam,' so I'll assume you're living in the Netherlands. I don't exactly know how far Dutch law goes, but after that XS4ALL refusal to hand over customer-information to the authorities, and the lawsuit following that, Dutch gouvernment has passed a law making it easier for the police to gather information about you from your ISP.

Freedom of speech isn't that pressed here as it is in the United States. If youu want to know exactly what you can expect, you'd probably need to see a lawyer. Best is you apologise to the girl in person, though. If you're going to seek legal counsil, you might be sending out a message that you're willing to fight this in court...