Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am in deeeeeep ****

Thumbs down

I don't think you did anything illegal.

And I agree with a previous poster that more than likely the police will not even pursue the issue since you have taken the site down already. That is provided that no serious damage was done to the victim of your website.

Thumbs down

what you did was severe invasion of privacy and yes, they will find your information if they want to take you to trial. Find a lawyer... a good one.

Posting someone's mobile phone number, and regular phone number on the internet invasion of privacy? If that is so, then is www.qwestdex.com invading people's privacy also?

I don't think it is invasion of privacy unless she is purposely keeping her number hidden. If you advocated people calling her and telling her she was a whore, there might be something done. I think the case of the site which posted abortion providers info comes to mind. If it becomes clear you are advocating harrasment, then you can get in trouble. This is just my personal interpretation though.

Im not an expert on the subject, but I seriously doubt that if the site is already taken down the police would bother to pursue it any further.....it would really just be a waste of time and resources on thier part
    Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune

Banned
    In a society where defacements are rife, virii are rampant and security is so hyped up I have witnessed very little police action over the years relating to cybercrime.

I doubt honestly they have time for this, if they do I would like to think they would simply ask you to apologize and get on with some 'real' matters.

Web Slander

You're probably not going to get into trouble, unless she's really a scum and presses slander charges. It will cost her some cash tho...