Thread: Weird?

Weird?

Check this out, I have a few computers here at the house and all but one will load yahoo.com. It gives me a cannot find server message. The other two have no problem going to the site at all. I have checked the internet properties and I have even tried using other browsers. Is there an explanation for this? Peace.
    [shadow]Prepare ship for ludicrous speed![/shadow]

Arrow

If someone has been tinkering around with your computer, check your host table. C:\windows\hosts - open it up in notepad and see if there is anything in there for yahoo.com.
    \"If you torture the data enough, it will confess.\" --Ronald Coase

Hmm....you must have one smart computer in the house.
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

Hahaha@you have one smart computer. I agree 100%. Sad to say my mother stands by yahoo, I have tried to tell her about google but it goes nowhere. Oh well, she will do without I guess. Hehe. Peace.
    [shadow]Prepare ship for ludicrous speed![/shadow]

are you connecting through a lan? if so make sure on the internet options/connections tab that you go through the setup and choose local area network. also on the lan settings unless you are using a proxy server you need to make sure all those boxes are unchecked. if none of that fixes the problem check your tcp/ip properties on one of your other computers and verify each and every setting on the computer that will not work. if that still doesnt fix the problem run winipcfg and see if you have an ip address, if you cant get an ip address your network card is probably bad.
    ***of course some parts of this only apply if you are on a lan***
    Bradley Lamar