Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Browser...

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Netscape is the best (I think) for Dialup. For internet, I am pretty satisfied with IE 5.5.

hehbris
    can you please distinguish what differences you suggest there are between 'dial up internet service' and 'internet'. All browsers are the same, some are slower due to bulkiness, if you have enough ram you won't have a problem with any browser. Let preference be your guide.

Banned

Favorite browser..

It would have to be Lynx because im not a big fan of graphics in my o/s :P I usually run console *nix by choice..

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Well, I really like Opera. That is what I am using right now. But my favorite over a 56k connection would have to be lynx. Nothing beats the original. I just don't know if they ever ported that over from unix. But it is by far faster then most other browsers. Then again, it is text only, so....

And when I say text only, that is exactly what I mean. No cgi, perl, .jpg, tables, forms, etc, etc.

hehbris
    what do you mean no perl, no cgi. Lynx very well supports both GET and POST methods. And forms are also supported

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    When I said my post, notice I said the original Lynx. All the cgi get and post crap slows down the internet. I remember the good old days when the internet existed to transmit information. It wasn't full of advertisements and sales and ...... It was a way to do research without see all sorts of other crap.

I was refering to the copy of lynx that I have running on my slackware machine. It was set up in 96 if that gives you any idea.