Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Browser...

Wink Oldies Are C00

Seriously, have you considered using lynx or gopher? They can be really fast for research. I don't know, I think that you should give um a shot. They may be old but they are still useful.

Gopher can be downloaded at: ftp://boombox.micro.umb.edu/pub/gopher

Lynx for windows can be downloaded at:
    www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm

Have fun.

Ask Why?

\"The most incomprehensible thing about the world, is that it is at all comprehensible\" -Albert Einstein

IE is my favorite. The only other browser I've tried is Netscape can't stand it.

I like Opera 5 simple and fast.

hmmmm.

Internet Explorer? Yeah...Windoze only...Netscape...what happened to them? they suck so does explorer...yeah sure get Opera...then watch those damn ads all the time...you're talking about a 56 dialup...you don't need all those damn images being loaded up...chewing at your very limited bandwidth...and by the way on iexplore... tools->internet options->advanced scroll close to bottom and uncheck all things dealing with images and animations...it's not hidden...if you're on a 56k dialup...just use lynx...GUI's use too much resources and they accomplish nothing other than being eye candy...use lynx...conserves bandwith by being text only...oh and to the one that said Opera is cool its free...Opera is "adware" you have to pay for the right to surf "adfree"...iexplore and netscape are free browsers...no annoying ads...lynx is also free...just do a search on google to find a suitable download area...well, my two cents...

um i like opera, its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean msie is alright as long as you don't upgrade it from 5, but with msie can u have crash recovery? windoze crashes about 20 billion times a day(please note slight exaggeration) and i just open up opera and it asks, continue where operation was finished or start with new windows, this is nice as it takes me back to the pages i had. Also Opera rox on my p133 that msie 5 runs like a dog (very funny) on. anyway i still think OPERA is THE BEST BROWSERfor me

\" If U Can Think It It Can be Done \"

If you are on 56k, the nice thing about Opera is that you can turn images off easily (unlike IE where they hid that stuff) significantly speeding up the loading time of things at you just want to read and don't care about the pretty pictures.
    I recall a download (IE Tools or something like that) from Microsoft that included adding a button to the IE toolbar that would turn images on and off.

Banned
    The best browser......Konqoror. nuff said.

Got a link for that?

IE6
    IE5.5
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Cool

Im not the biggest fan of microsoft(especially XP) but they do make a decent web browser which they distribute for (surprise) free.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19