Thread: Grey AO Points?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Unhappy Grey AO Points?

Ok. This may have been somewhere but I've been unable to find anything. I've gotten some grey points from users with comments that'd indicate they are positive points but they don't seem to be adding anything.

Are these points supposed to respond like this? With 0 points distributed, even when positive in nature?

Banned
    I think only though am not 100% sure that grey antipoints are those that are given without proper reason. Like when you get antipoints but you dont deserve them I recall JP or someone talking about people being unable to give unfair antipoints whether good or bad to a user as they are being monitored.

So I too would be interested in the clarification of this matter.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Originally posted by Ennis
    I think only though am not 100% sure that grey antipoints are those that are given without proper reason. Like when you get antipoints but you dont deserve them

Hrmmm.. I would too be interested in clarification as I don't understand how some of the posts wouldn't deserve it (yes, I'm blowing my own horn but some of the points were for my bin/hex/decimal post and I know that it was a decent post).

In addition, since they had reasons and seemed like good ones I don't feel it would apply. Plus you don't need to give a reason.

Banned
    I know what youre saying, I assume you got lots of positive antipoints for that post, it was pretty good, and this is what I mean how could you get grey antipoints for that?

It must be frustrating for you when you got all those grey antipoints!

Thumbs up

Keep blowing that horn....

I hope take this as a joke but I do agree whit you
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

JP...

I too was wondering about this. I have received several that do have comments that seem to indicate positive points, but were grey and did not give points. Could you explain this a little better? What determines the grey points? One more thing.....

Thank you for the great site.

Happy Hacking
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Warfare is the Way of deception.
    -Sun Tzu \"The Art of War\"

Originally posted by Ennis
    I think only though am not 100% sure that grey antipoints are those that are given without proper reason. Like when you get antipoints but you dont deserve them I recall JP or someone talking about people being unable to give unfair antipoints whether good or bad to a user as they are being monitored.

So I too would be interested in the clarification of this matter.
    You are correct, sir! According to JP, there are filters for AntiPoints, so it's harder to give them out undeserved. As for what is filtered, you will have to ask JP.

Here's a link that may help you out.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...3&pagenumber=3

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Your post on bib/dec/hex numbers was a good post. As long as you know it was a good post and people liked it, who really cares about the points.

After all, the whole point (no pun intended) is to help others by writing decent posts, isn't it?