Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Un partition....

Un partition....

If I parttitioned my Hard Drive.......How long after would I be able to get back information that I had on that partition? I have one partition now and did before....What program could I use to recover Partition Information? Or is it even possible?

Banned

From what I understand about most file systems, as soo as the fiel table is lost, or overwritten, you can't get the data back.
    So, if you "Accidentally" partition your drive, then the best thing to do is unparition right then.
    Jason Parker - http://www.o-negative.net
    o-Negative: Information Network

Hmm $179? Well Right now all I got's is like $50 It's not worth it.....

Talking

I'll give you the rest of the money Limp. . . NOT!!!!

Giovanni
    Originally posted by limp1058
    Hmm $179? Well Right now all I got's is like $50 It's not worth it.....
    ===================================================

Tramp.

Originally posted by jparker
    From what I understand about most file systems, as soo as the fiel table is lost, or overwritten, you can't get the data back.
    So, if you "Accidentally" partition your drive, then the best thing to do is unparition right then.
    Well, the DATA would still be there on your drive, but you wouldn't be able to tell where one file stopped, another started, or what segments were leftover from partially-overwritten files...

It would be a real pain in the ass to try to get anything back from a disk that lost it's file tables, but if it was straight ASCII or something, and you knew a string to search for, you could probably do that and figure out where the file starts and ends just by looking at the content.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

use norton utilities for recovery

it works i have tried it

and just pray to god
    If God had intended
    Man to program,
    we would be born
    with serial I/O ports.

I've never heard of an "un partition" but I've heard of a "re format"!

eeeek

jparker... how could u "accidently" partition your drive... frankly if u make a mistake then u deserve to lose your data as far as im concerned

but im sure that Forensic scientists have ways of diving thru your data to a certain extent... once the data allocation tables are screwed u do have big problems, but then again the data is still there. if u really want to stop someone reading your drive in a hurry and dont care about keeping the drive.. why doing u just open the casing and hit it with a hammer ..

trust me.. those ding's in the disk's surface arnt good

Don\'t blame the hardware, dont blame the OS, chances are its your fault