Thread: compiler

compiler

Where can I find a good assembly compiler and tutorials? Thanks
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

Re: compiler

Originally posted by Kezil
    Where can I find a good assembly compiler and tutorials? Thanks
    Well, the answer is obviously: from the Internet. Using Google you can find many tutorials, such as T$'s tutorial. Just use keywords such as assembler, tutorial, win32, ... depending what you are looking for.

Two things..

1. Should that be "assembler" instead of "compiler" in my original post?

2. Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not having much luck (perhaps because of #1?). I'm mostly interested in finding the assembler/compiler, I can find tutorials easily. Thanks again.
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

Cool

It *should* be Assembler, yes...

As for assemblers, there's Borland Turbo Assembler (Search for TASM). It's quite old though... I don't know of any new assemblers, but I'm sure someone out there has created one in the not too distant past.

It's just a question of searching the net until you find what you're looking for...
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

Some good assemblers are:
    nasm
    tasm
    masm

You could look for these. Some c/c++ compilers give you access to the assembler they use during compiling, as well. check your documentation.

Good luck.

Happy Hacking
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Warfare is the Way of deception.
    -Sun Tzu \"The Art of War\"

Hello Kezil,

If your looking for MASM, their is a link on my site under the "Programming Tools" section, where you can find MASM.

http://www.geocities.com/pharmicomlabs

Good Luck & I hope this helps you.
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

Re: good place to start for programming resources.

Finding where to get good free developer tools and documentation can be a real pain with a lot of hit and miss.

If you are a serious programmer and want a good place to start for IDE's, assorted assemblers, compilers, docs etc. I would introduce you to Dr. Dobb's. http://www.ddj.com
    Know this..., you may not by thyself in pride claim the Mantle of Wizardry; that way lies only Bogosity without End.

Rather must you Become, and Become, and Become, until Hackers respect thy Power, and other Wizards hail thee as a Brother or Sister in Wisdom, and you wake up and realize that the Mantle hath lain unknown upon thy Shoulders since you knew not when.

assembler!?brickwall .....good luck