Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What was your first computer and what did do you regret doing to it?

Commodore Vic 20 here!

I rememeber playing the Winter Games using the old black square Atari joysticks. You had to move the joystick left to right pretty fast in the skiing games. Left many a blister on mt palm.
    Regards,
    Geno

\"Disciples, like diamonds, are developed in a process of time and heavy pressures, and both the disciple and the diamond reflect and magnify the light that comes through them.\"

Neal A. Maxwell

Banned

VIC 20's

Hrmm.. My VIC 20 turned yellow.. My father spent soo much on it was crazy. Then I got the 8 bit Nintendo and destroyed commadore for every one in my house.. My father was too cheap to buy a monitor so we used the TV for a/v.. but those old commadore monitors were so cool for systems like PSX etc.. I bought had like 4 of them.. People used to throw them out all the time.. and they have better res then tv's so it was a good option. They were something that commadore actually made good.

Re: What was your first computer and what did do you regret doing to it?

My parents bought me a Sinclair ZX 81 with a whopping 1mb of ram, it plugged in to the telly... the most exciting thing i got it to do was a program to work out square roots... lol things have moved on a bit now though i have a tynan dual athlon motherboard with two 1.2ghz processors and a gig of ram.

I still have it somewhere with my Amiga A500 and an old DX2 66, I always wanted a BBC B as Elite was much better on that

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other b@stard die for his!

evilseeds first Computer/S

Ok truely my first computer was a sweet ass commodore 64/128 that was loaded. (I loved the game taledega) it was tight.

But that was when I was really young.. My first real computer that got me started in what i do today was a beautiful Packard Bell Legend 50CD. Gawd I loved my packard bell.. It was 50 mhz 4mb of ram and 320mb of hard drive 15" svga monitor that could go up to 800x600x256. When i got it it was running windows 3.11 for workgroups. That was k00l. Anyways I logged on BBS's all the time. California Prime Line. Etc. Some other big ones.. and this totally awesome "The learning Place" running pc board.

Anyways TO back track a wee bit. I grew up with like lil money.. My grandma bought the packard bell so i could goto an ON-LINE school. (I am geek i got beat up in jr high) The online school was Choice 2000 ON-LINE school!. This school back in like 1995 was purely a worldgroup bbs runnin like a twenty line rotary. So n e ways.. a couple years later it switched to the internet so now it is telnet based. When that happened. I got internet access.. Suddenly my life changed.. I am GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK!!!!!! (BTW the movie hackers came out and further fueled my fire) next thing you know i was doing the whole downloading password files and decripting them.. Hahaha! (which I learned of my first linux/unix shell account.)

My packard bell is now in many pieces.. I took it apart...

I miss that game.. uhhh.... "MegaRace"

heh that game was tight..

ok if you want to post the rest of my miserable life in here lemmi know hahahah
    ------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

Re: evilseeds first Computer/S

Originally posted by evilseed
    Ok truely my first computer was a sweet ass commodore 64/128 that was loaded. (I loved the game taledega) it was tight.

But that was when I was really young.. My first real computer that got me started in what i do today was a beautiful Packard Bell Legend 50CD. Gawd I loved my packard bell.. It was 50 mhz 4mb of ram and 320mb of hard drive 15" svga monitor that could go up to 800x600x256. When i got it it was running windows 3.11 for workgroups. That was k00l. Anyways I logged on BBS's all the time. California Prime Line. Etc. Some other big ones.. and this totally awesome "The learning Place" running pc board.

Anyways TO back track a wee bit. I grew up with like lil money.. My grandma bought the packard bell so i could goto an ON-LINE school. (I am geek i got beat up in jr high) The online school was Choice 2000 ON-LINE school!. This school back in like 1995 was purely a worldgroup bbs runnin like a twenty line rotary. So n e ways.. a couple years later it switched to the internet so now it is telnet based. When that happened. I got internet access.. Suddenly my life changed.. I am GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK!!!!!! (BTW the movie hackers came out and further fueled my fire) next thing you know i was doing the whole downloading password files and decripting them.. Hahaha! (which I learned of my first linux/unix shell account.)

My packard bell is now in many pieces.. I took it apart...

I miss that game.. uhhh.... "MegaRace"

heh that game was tight..

ok if you want to post the rest of my miserable life in here lemmi know hahahah
    you know what now that i think about it... It was a packard bell legend 10 cd.. AND!!!! I loved that Packard Bell Navigator!
    ------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

My first machine was also the first computer I assembled myself.

AMD 386 40Mhz later souped up with 64KB of cache memory
    1 MB of ram later bumped up to 4MB
    Both 5 1/4" and 3 1/2" Floppy drives
    video card w/ 256 KB of memory
    40 MB hard drive later I slaved on a 170 MB to give me a whopping 210 MB of hard disk space
    8 bit sound card
    14" color monitor
    Windows 3.1 over DOS 5.0
    24 pin Dot Matrix color printer

After getting everything set up and running,I promptly formatted drive C of which I should have known better.....hmmmm.....live and learn.

It was a great machine though and was used every day by the current owners until last year when it finally died
    \"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he,himself,does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss,the abyss also gazes into you\"

Friedrich Nietzche

Hmm, I remember playing with an apple ][e and a 286 around the same time, but they weren't mine. I just had unlimited access to them. I never ruined either one, but my first hacking experience was on the 286. I figured out how to get past the DOS shell that started on boot and back to the command line (if I remember right, I just guessed the password. If I knew what I know now it would have been a lot easier, but hey, I was a kid and didn't even know DOS). From there I taught myself DOS and found a nice collection of naked women in *.gif format the guy had been keeping on his harddrive. He found out somehow, but didn't know exactly what I had done, just that I had seen the pictures. I think I forgot to re - attrib +h the files.

My own actual first computer was a Pentium 90Mhz. I still have it. It's running Linux.