Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: help with c/c++ coding

hehbris
    Borland C++ is not intellectual property, it is commercial software. Those responsible for coding do not get paid royalties. By pirating it, borland is losing the money not its programmers. The decision should be whether or not you care about the economy not the programmers.

the book im using for my current class is called:

Computer Science
    A Structured Programing Approach Using C++

its by Behrouz A. Forouzan and Richard F. Gilberg. i like it alot. it has lots of examples of source code(altho i have caught a few bugs in some of the example source such as not including one of the needed library files) and seems to be pretty good. also, they have all the corrections they know need to be made on their website.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

that is a gog bok, only if you wana do things in the easy way, and, also if the thing that you want is just to program for DOS... dahhhhh!!!

If you want to learn god programation, the DEITEL, y a really good boo,, and if you want to know WHY you learn it, search for APPLIED CRYPTOGRAPHY (if you live in USA y doubt that the still salling it)
    we work in the dark - we give what we have - we do what what we can - our doubt`s our passion - our passion our task - the rest....- is the madness of art.

Is this your first programming lang.? C++ if very tough to learn for your first. I recommed perl. The best way to learn C++ is to go to your nearest Community College and take a C++ course.Great way to learn hands on with that lang.
    [shadow]l3aDmOnKeY[/shadow]

Talking

C++ is not at all tough...the only thing is that it is a little bit tricky..due to the introduction of oops (object oriented programming) which inturn in easy.

Before directly learning C++ it is necessary to learn C , as C++ is the advanced version of C.
    so i recommand u all those who are trying to learn C++ , to learn C first and then only go for C++.
    i think that will be better.

intruder...

harlekin2xs...

I have a fair few ebooks on programming in C...

PM me if you want me to email them to you...

Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days is an ok book.... but just like every other c++ newbie book it only teaches you the basics........ Read the book and then start downloading tons of code to learn from... that's the fun and fast learners way then once u know exactly what u want u can start reading advanced books that explains different techniques more in detail.... that's how i learned....
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

Exclamation

Harlekin, I just wanted to make one point that I think others just assume ppl know. I read your post and it seemed as though you were using the terms C and C++ as though they were synonymous. I just wanted to point out that these are very different languages. If you have to choose one, however, choose C++. C++ actually pre-compiles into C code, but the characteristic of C++ that appeals to so many is the object oriented programming (OOP). For instance, there is no such thing as a polymorphism C script. There are limitations to C that C++ covers. You may have already known all this, but something about your post led me to believe that you didn't. Now you do!! ) And knowing is half the battle! haha.

btw, intruder i have to respectfully disagree with you about learning C first. I would recommend learning C++ first. Then you can decide whether you want to learn C or not. But it's the little differences in each of us that make us individuals.
    http://home.cyberarmy.com/thinkt4nk/thinkt4nk.jpg
    The Tank