Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help with c/c++ coding

help with c/c++ coding

i wanna learn to code in c/c++, i leeched borland c++ v5.0 yesterday evening... no i need a good tutorial or book or something...

a friend of mine told me that: learn c++ in 21 days is a great book for learning c is he right??

any other ideas?? progz, toolz, tutorialz i take everything
    The question is not if u are paranoid, the question is if u are paranoid enough...

depends on how you learn,

if you learn by experiance, i suggest going to a site like planetsourcecode.com and looking at the various code and how it works

If you learn visually, by reading through a book and picking up information by what the you read and comparing it to the example code and outcome, Learn C++ in 21 days is one of the best, but still do more research before you buy it

If you learn by hefty explanations and defenitions (ewwww...) get Teach Yourself C++, while not entirely defentions, it still has alot to read and little code, i don't recommend it, it's what i have and i have moved on to looking through source code,

if you can, learn through deciphering source code, you'll learn it by yourself, much better than having someone else tell you what it means, and its free
    \"I am convinced that societies which live without government enjoy an infinitely greater degree of happiness than those who do.\" Thomas Jefferson

I started with "C++ How to program, Seconde Edition" from Deitel & Deitel... Good book.

Ammo

I started with "C++ How to program, Seconde Edition" from Deitel & Deitel... Good book.

Ammo
    Yes... This is an Excellent book. The first half of the book covers C and the rest covers the OOP aspects of C++.

Good Luck

Happy Hacking
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Warfare is the Way of deception.
    -Sun Tzu \"The Art of War\"

"The C Programming Language" by kernigan and Ritchie is another good one. Very short and to the point.
    Regards,
    ph0rse

Re: help with c/c++ coding

Originally posted by harlekin2xs
    i wanna learn to code in c/c++, i leeched borland c++ v5.0 yesterday evening... no i need a good tutorial or book or something...

a friend of mine told me that: learn c++ in 21 days is a great book for learning c is he right??

any other ideas?? progz, toolz, tutorialz i take everything

the book Complete reference C is a nice book ...
    also check out the tutorials for C/C++ here

hope this helps....

intruder..

Maybe he should learn how to spell using less Z's at the end of words before he trys to learn a programming language with his cracked and backdoored version of Borland he downloaded from "SuperWarezISOguy357" on Morpheus.

syxx@attrition.org

Talking thx

thx to all of u guys
    yes i downloaded a cracked version of borland... should i buy it?? i mean why do people crack those programs and put them on a site to download them?? as long as they do i will download all the stuff that interests me...

harlekin
    The question is not if u are paranoid, the question is if u are paranoid enough...

The correct (ethical) answer to your question Why should you buy it? is that the programmers that wrote it put a lot of time and effort into it, and should deserve some money back in exchange... Particularly those at Borland, who produce the world's best programming tools..... Note, however, that this rule does *not* apply to Microsoft software, as they already have too much money anyway.

The other thing about "Warez" sites is that a lot of the programs on 'em will contain Viruses or Trojans etc. But, sometimes, as long as you make sure you virus check it before installing, downloading off the internet is the only way, mostly due to a distinct lack of money!!!

But just think about it... after you learn C/C++, how would you like people to download your hard work and endless hours of painful debugging and testing without giving you anything in return. [Does not exactly apply if you decide to do the good thing and release everything you write as Open Source!]
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

Another thing I completely forgot in my last post, Borland C++ Compiler 5.5 (not 5.0, but 5.5) is available for FREE download, direct from borland... No ethical problems there... they're offering it, they wrote it, they can do what they want with it, and you can take advantage of that offer, without being worried about programmers not gettin' paid!

http://www.borland.com/bcppbuilder/freecompiler/
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net