Thread: is it possible to know the IP address

Question is it possible to know the IP address

aloha!!

is it possible to know someones IP address in yahoo games?

It all depends.
    If you know it, then yes it is possible.

If you don't know it, then it still might be possible. What game are you playing?

I'm not saying that would help anything, but I was just making conversation.
    -thanks for listening
    ...the scent of your hair as you twirl in your fingers, and the time on the clock, when we realized that it\'s so late, and this walk that we shared....together!

im playing yahoo pool and i have this one opponent that everytime i could almost win the game i always get disconnected. i really believed that he is nuking me or ping flooding me. but how can he get my IP address? i try to use netstat whille playing a game and it shows that im connected to a yahoo server not directly to my opponent's IP address.

\

No it's not because it's going through a yahoo server, if you type in netstat you will get an IP address that states or gives Yahoo's addy out. for example

you-----------------yahoo server ------------- the other guy

The only way possible is if you direct connect which doesn't happen in Yahoo pool. Or if you hack the yahoo but that's illegal and you go to jail for life without possiblilty for parole.

Question

is it possible to capture the data packets that my computer sends to the yahoo server. i guess that data packet contains my opponents IP address.

Originally posted by jhoeffrey
    is it possible to capture the data packets that my computer sends to the yahoo server. i guess that data packet contains my opponents IP address.
    Uhm... In order for your outgoing packets to have that information... Doesn't the information have to reside on your computer anyway?

Short answer: I doubt it. As far as you computer is concerned, there ARE no other people, just you and the yahoo server. For all you know, the other people could be bots.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

HELP IM GETTING HACKED THROUGH YAHOO POOL!!! heh

Get a clue then come back please, thanks ;p

syxx@attrition.org

Hey jhoeffrey, what would you do if you have their IP address?. Nuke their machine?. Don't you have other thing more important to do beside this.

what freeon said. also for you, if you suspect someone is "hacking" you, just run netstat. it's a nice, little tool. i'm sure other progs do the same thing.
    Do it now and ask for forgiveness later

Banned

Red face So.. Your not sure what he is doing..

Originally posted by jhoeffrey
    im playing yahoo pool and i have this one opponent that everytime i could almost win the game i always get disconnected. i really believed that he is nuking me or ping flooding me. but how can he get my IP address? i try to use netstat whille playing a game and it shows that im connected to a yahoo server not directly to my opponent's IP address.
    How can you assume he is the person doing it to you? Do you have a static ip? Why would someone nuke/Packet you? Do you have other people who don't like you? Ask your self these questions before you assume you are getting nuked.. and if you are there really is nothing you can do but ... patch patch.. Its called security man... Security.. Netstat will get the ip of who ever is doing whatever to you and you know the rest of what to do. IM sure you have half a mind..