Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Automatic spell checker?

i agree with stonedog in that a voluntary spell checker would be good. for some of the people who post here, engish is not their native language and i hate to see them flamed just bc they misspelled a few words. i'm not bilingual so what right do i have to make fun of them if they can't spell everything in english correctly or do not have proper grammar. i say screw proper grammar! (sorry, i just had to let that out since i have taken all my english classes in college and will never again take an english class)
    Bradley Lamar

At the end of my message I suggested the checker to be optional.
    I thought the spell checker would be like in NoteTab Light ( www.notetab.com ) libraries: it's got many commonly misspelled words and if it finds one it replaces it automatically with the correct form. This way the checker wouldn't do any stupid guesses. Very clearly explained: it works like search-and-replace without any wildcards.
    Grammar checker might also be good.

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

I agre. nothig iritats mee mor than postes with bad speling and englisch?

See what I mean?

I'd rather not have it, in favor of forum speed... I wouldn't mind something that would terminate all still-open italic/bold/underline/font/color tags before closing a quote tag block. (If you didn't get that, never mind.)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Most definantly

Originally posted by Terr
    I'd rather not have it, in favor of forum speed... I wouldn't mind something that would terminate all still-open italic/bold/underline/font/color tags before closing a quote tag block. (If you didn't get that, never mind.)
    Most definantly...
    --It\'s all good... (Except for Windows ME)--

Banned
    Greetings All:

Well, we have now integrated a spell checker! You'll find the button marked "Spell Check" while posting a new thread, or a new reply. Spell check will be added to private messaging in the near future as well.

Enjoy, and thanks for the suggestion!