Thread: Fortess 101

Question Fortess 101

Anyone here know how to crack or ovveride Fortress 101 Password Lockup??? I have it on my comp. and i forgot the password. Help ME!!
    ~|-the GODFATHER-|~

By The Way...

I want to do it WITHOUT deleting my fortress cuz I dont have the disk for it anymore....thanks to all
    ~|-the GODFATHER-|~

you have it on "your" computer? and you forgot "your" password? are yousure? haha. j/k anyways, boot froma boot disk and rename the fortres directory (might have attributes of hidden and read only or any diffent thing like that). do this in DOS (if you have w98 or below)... you might also remove the fortress line in autoexec and remove the *.drv or whatever there is for fortress in the config.sys. .... i don't have alot of experience with it...from liek 4 years ago i think.
    let me know any more questions...
    visit clublouie.com!!

2600 magazine has a nice article on fortres.
    KNOWLEDGE IS OF TWO KINDS: We know a subject ourselves or we know where to find information upon it. SAMUEL JOHNSON

2600 magaZINE! what devil publication is this! how dare you submit this herE! (shhh...what is the link? haha)
    visit clublouie.com!!

ok, well this is probably going to some highschool student who is trying to be 1337, but here's the deal with fortress(from what i remember). its absolutely crap. simply use internet explorer to go to the c drive, copy the autoexec.bat and config.sys to a boot disk and use the disk to boot to a command prompt. use the dos edit util to edit the pc's autoexec.bat and config.sys and REM out the refrences to fortress. reboot. the pc will not load fortress. edit the REM's out of those files so next time it boots it WILL load fortress. have fun. make sure to reboot before you leave so it will have fortress loaded again.

just a few years ago this is(kinda) how me and my friends got around fortress...it's a really crappy security program. well, we wrote an autoexec that would copy our pre-written autoexec.bat and config.sys files off the boot disk to the hd then we had another batch file on the disk called "undo.bat" that would copy the autoexec.bat and config.sys that were on the system before back to where they should be. basically all we had to do was boot with the boot disk then reboot then run undo.bat from the disk and we were set.

look....there are quite a few ways around fortress other than this, but this is easy way. have fun and dont do any stupid ****.

if this is(as i suspect) not for your own system, but for some school system i would suggest you rather talk to the admin for the systems and gain his trust...tell him about other holes you have found. show him how to fix them. you might just get yourself the password and not need to worry about sneekin around and such.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Originally posted by aarobonob
    anyways, boot froma boot disk and rename the fortres directory (might have attributes of hidden and read only or any diffent thing like that). do this in DOS (if you have w98 or below)...
    oh ya, the fortress dir has some tricky things to make it harder to deal with from dos. i think there is a "." in the name or something...all i remember is that it needs you to use quotation marks or something that you wouldnt normally do to do anything with it from dos.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

i'm not sure about the quotation marks...if this is true, you are most likely running a command.com inside of windows...(95 and up i think) and it handles ""'s those htings. but most dos versions dont' (perhaps mistaken) or dont' need to... if you wnat to mess with the fortres directory..i think you would do something like

c:\cd fortres.101
    and then you coudl look at the stuff in there. Like i said before, too, using a boot disk or doing some of the above autoexec.bat and config.sys stuff coudl help. Be sure not to only boot from the boot disk tho. Certain drives get screwed up on a network when mapping if your root disk is A: or B: dont' know why..doens' happen anymore, but in the "era" of fortres it did
    visit clublouie.com!!