Thread: Out Look 2000

Post Out Look 2000

OK guy's and girls, my company is changing from Lotus ccmail to OL2000 why I don't know can you tell me anything about it good or bad...
    Thank's thor
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

I've only used Outlook, so I can't say anything about it compared to Lotus ccmail...

However, a Bad Thing about it is that its the whipping bitch of almost all the new viruses......

I've used both Outlook & ccmail in a work environment. Nothing wrong with the functionality or look of Outlook compared to ccmail. However, as Matty pointed out, it does tend to be targetted by new viruses. In a sense, I suppose this is Outlook trying to be too helpful, by opening attachements and/or preview panes etc. automatically. However, these can be changed by your Sysadmin guy to make things more secure.
    Still, that's not your problem unless you
    (a) Are the Sysadmin guy, or
    (b) Receive 'dodgy' emails at work which cause a problem.

Would not recommend using Outlook/Outlook express for home use because of the virus risk.

Your right about that....But knowing my company(a Telephone\Cable company)it's par for the course...As for ccmail it sux but at least it was for the most part intranet so somewhat secure ha..ha..but why in the hell we are going to OL2000 I don't know. we(not me or my group)do have the option of just using OL..so anything about that would be helpfull too..
    Thank's to all
    thor
    \"SI JE PUIS\"