Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rants 242

You're not the only one that gets stupid AntiPoints. I get them too. In fact, I've been on the butt end of the system since day 1. I'm sure that most of the members get them. It's really not worth leaving over. I know what you mean with the lack of a sense of humor. I have seen that too, and it's unfair that a few excessively sensitive people should ruin these forums for the rest of us. If you don't like the joke, tough. That's not what AntiPoints are for. Learn to deal with it like a real person instead of trying to get everybody else to cater to you. That's a very selfish thing to do.

You will never please everyone with your posts. Believe me, I have tried before. You can be good and be nothing less than helpful, but it seems a lot of the people here expect you to jump through hoops for them. It's not worth it. You will always get negative points from somebody for lame reasons, or no reason at all. Some people have extremely thin skin, and feel that they need to flame and give negative AntiPoints to everybody they disagree with. Others think it's funny to just go around giving them out at random. It's a fact that we're all going to have to live with. So just let the jackass users give out their BS AntiPoints, and let everyone else judge you by who you really are, not how much the abusive users target you. It's not a battle worth fighting. I have almost completely quit giving out AntiPoints altogether because of the futility of it all. I don't judge people by their AntiPoint status, and I don't think many people do anymore. If you don't like that idea, you can always ask Terr to spread the wealth.

As for the people who post stupid things, just think of them as the jesters of the site. They're there for everyone's entertainment, and that's all (Yes, I'm joking). Seriously though, you should just correct them, and leave it at that. It's not worth letting it get under your skin. Most of them will eventually get bored of it, get flamed out of the forums, or have their accounts deleted. Just let their membership run its [short] course, and don't let it bother you.

IMO, Antipoints are just ways for lazy people to judge character. Who cares if the lazy people don't like you, if you have negative APs?

Then again, I'm lazy, but not in the bad sense. (Of course! )
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Re: Rants 242

Originally posted by TeKRoMaNCeR
    I've stopped posting, because I was getting negative antipoints for incessant babble, and I have better things to do. However, everytime I check back here, it seems like incessant babble written by others. Are there no good topics here? Bullshit hackers telling people that they hack.. Ha! A hacker would never tell someone that they hack... especially in a security forum. It's like going into a Police convention and announcing.. "I'm not a cop, I just vandalize vehicles." The posts have really gotten pretty bad. I used to post years ago, before AO reformatted their whole system, my account "Asphixia" was erased along with many other inactive accounts, why inactive? Well, the posts are repetetive and childish. Second, no one has a sense of humor. When people sent me "Lamer" negative antipoints for that Geek Test link, which I thought people enjoyed considering there were at least 40 responses, it makes me wonder why I even bother. I go to school full time, I go to work full time, why waste time posting comedy in a humorless society? I could be sleeping. Then we have posters that respond to their own posts 30 times, why? To waste precious memory, and to boost their own number of posts. Get a life. It's one thing to post something informative, sincere, or humorous, but posts which just confirm themselves for the 20th time are a pure waste. I'm done ranting for this post.

~Ryazanoff~
    Well said man... Well said...
    --It\'s all good... (Except for Windows ME)--

I like ranting, do it all the time. only been here for 2 days but my impression is i like this place. you seem like a person with a head on your shoulders and not afraid to speak whats on your mind. thats what i find this place to be made of. i'd hate to see you go before i get to know you.

For what its worth, I enjoyed the Geek Test! We need humor in our lives to help us keep things in perspective! As a 'learning newbie' I can say hell yeah! to all the humorists in cyberland.
    We Know Who You Are.....

Yeah, dot't worry about antipoints tekro...
    It's good to talk about other things besides computers.
    That's why I post about music and other stuff.
    And that's what the general forum is for right?
    keep posting man, your a funny guy!
    \"The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm...

1. What is a sane man in a crazy world?

2. Never underestimate the power of human stupidy.

- Peace -
    . . . the majestic equality of the law, which forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread. - Anatole France

Thumbs up we don't care

just leave