Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: stalking on public computers

YOU FIGURED ME OUT I AM THE HAPPY HACKERS AND MY DESTINY IS DESTROYING OFFLINE COMPUTERS BY USING TELEPATHIC PASSWORD CODES THAT MAKE COMPUTERS DISSAPEAR FROM THE LIBRARIES THAT THEY ARE CONNECTED TO

Lightbulb

Why don't you just ask for ideas and I'm sure the twisted group her at AO will help you out, really I'm not kidding these folks know about computers and security. If what you say is really happening to you that's just too strange I talked to a guy yesterday who thinks Fox $ NBC got the race's (NASCAR) because (in his words) George Cleo Walker Bush owns Fox.....Do you want his number he also worked for the FBI who he says George Sr. ran besides the CIA...I'm not joking about this guy I think he's a nut' but being a manager I had too talk to him,it was fun....Good luck on the book what's it about.
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

Unhappy

i think u mean script kiddie/cracker... not hacker! i'm tired of seeing this... there's a hell of difference between the choice of words...

just wanted to post some ethics, without ethics the hacker community will fall apart... so plz help 2 stop people calling us criminals just because things like the media keep using the word hacker instead of cracker! whatever ppl read (most ppl i.e.) in the newspaper or hears on tv they believe... so if we are called criminals on public tv then we become criminals... once every1 thinks ur guilty it'll be impossible to proove ur innocent... plz don't let it go this far!
    (i've often gotten into some heavy discussions just because i wear a 2600 t-shirt publicly.... that's sick... i have a right 2 wear whatever i want!)

this post doesn't really help u out with ur problem but it might educate u a bit.... it's an honest mistake 2 make, so don't take this personally.... PEACE!
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

All I am gathering here is that there is or is not a group of giddy hackers who can somehow set up a computer, network it to a bunch of public computers, and leave it hidden long enough to grab info from the others.... and then the group gets the computer. Why would they stop there?!

They could hook it up to a cell phone and leave it permanently on the net with a remote program on it to play with.

Thank you happy hackers and those with the negative points. Since I am not able to access this site right away ( because of the problem I am discussing)there is no point in responding. However, ms.mittens seems to know alot about the subject. I will pass this information on to people in charge of these computers. I believe my problem points out the need for security on public computers. Most people do not know about trojans and locking down their desktops. Anyone using these computers are subject to having their e-mail addresses downloaded. Thank you for your intelligent response. I will give you more info. next time I am able to log on.

T3h Ch3F

Lightbulb For Trojans

A good tester for Trojans can be found at wilders.org, Its called TDS3, and works quite well all though its only a trial version. Dont forget to download the activation key.

Thumbs up

Here here!!!!!!!!! I agree totaly script kiddies arn't hackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-=SolarisMKA=-

Question

why don't you go to a different place [other than the library], get online, and open a new e-mail account?

[you could then encrypt the emails you send with your new account.....etc.]

more info.

In my original post I focused on "dummy computers". I have been researching the subject (using past comments as part of my search). I found alot of information on www.w3or/security/faq/wwwsfl.html. The interference that I have been reporting directly effects any server where I have e-mail addresses. One member suggested that I get an encrypted e-mail address - good idea except for the fact that the web servers are part of the problem. I actually have remote users viewing everything I do on the computer. They can actually execute commands that shut me down or transfer me to another site. Since they are into the library system (now in the Boulder/Denver area for 3 weeks)which is more protected than your home computer this is being done by professionals. I have learned that eavesdroppers can operate from any point on the pathway between browser and server. I have seen some of the damage done to computers where I try and use a computer - browsers are crashing and there is real damage to the library's system - on a personal note all of my private information has been stolen. I have lost all of my mail on 2 address on hotmail,
    uswestmail, altavista and the latest on antionline. I cannot access AT&T to monitor the data base on my phone. Challenging!

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Originally posted by Dome

i know everyones favorite kind of pkemon!!!!!

hehe just kidding!
    Yeah! A dead one!
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.