Thread: How to remove crap that pops up when windows loads up

How to remove crap that pops up when windows loads up

I have crap that pops up when I start up my computer. I have went to file search and deleted everything that matched the search but the crap still pops up. So I would asume this this junk is in the registry, but I don't know where. I did some plundering around in it but could not find anything related to start up. Can anyone help me out?

Arrow

First go to Start-Run and type "msconfig". Then go to the startup tab and uncheck all the stuff you don't want to start up when you turn your computer on.
    \"If you torture the data enough, it will confess.\" --Ronald Coase

That don't work on win2k

My best guess of where to check in your registry would be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then Software. See if any of the entries in there match up.

This is just a guess, so no guarantees.

hello
    go to Start ---RUn---regedit
    Hkey local machine
    software
    microsoft
    windows
    run ---- in the right see the programs that loads at start up
    then if you have win9x got to
    run as services ----in the right see programs that run as services
    after that run sysedit.exe
    and see there any of these programs

be carefull with regedit!

i hope this help
    bye
    If God had intended
    Man to program,
    we would be born
    with serial I/O ports.

If you have a Wim 95+ go to the start menu,then to programs, then to startup and take out everything that you dont want. Some programs automaticly put themselves in that folder. That will stop the popups, but you will have to manually open the programs.
    Coming Soon.......!

also, remember that on certain win OS's, i forget which ones, sorry, holding down the shift key during startup will disable all start up programs and/or devices
    visit clublouie.com!!

not knowing what kind of stuff pops-up, its really had to tell for sure. But in windows2000 alot of stuff starts up as a service, go to administrative tools in control panel and open services. if you see any of the offending rascels, double click on them and change the setting from automatic to manuel.

PS

if your gonna mess around with the registry, don't fogget to back that key up first.

What stuff are you talken about, anyway? we all might be barking up the wronf tree.