Thread: IP Sniffers

Angry IP Sniffers

Why is it that i cant seem to find a damn ip sniffer for the mac os, could someone pleez tell me where i might find one.

Re: IP Sniffers

Originally posted by H@K9
    Why is it that i cant seem to find a damn ip sniffer for the mac os, could someone pleez tell me where i might find one.
    Could you elaborate on what you mean by 'ip sniffer'? Are you talking about an IP-displayer for some instant-messenging stuff? I can't help you on the 'for mac' stuff, but to be blunt, a great many people here have been asking for MSN/Yahoo IP finder programs, which, plainly, don't exist in the way most people think about it. (As in a super-simple input-screen-name output-ip-adress system.)

IP sniffer... for what? You mean a packet-capture utility?
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Terr is right..ther is no miracle program..not yet anyways are you looking for an IP monitor..such as Netstat for windows? you can always search the internet for "Ip connection monitor" and "mac" mabye.
    visit clublouie.com!!

many people here have been asking for MSN/Yahoo IP finder programs, which, plainly, don't exist in the way most people think about it.
    i guess this is mainly because msn does not use p2p. i have a packet analyzer hooked on my computer all the time and the ip i get when i talk on msn is the ip of an msn sever and not the ip of the person i am talking to.