Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KDE or GNOME

KDE or GNOME

Ok.. I am just curious on which window manager people prefer more.. KDE or GNOME?

I personally at this time haveing experienced mandrake/slackware/and redhat 7 (downloading 7.2) I am more of a KDE kind of guy... Gnome seems to be more like a windows system. Of course gnome i feel does have the default setup to be more user friendly than KDE.. Kde does all the same.. you just got to get used to it...

Those are my thoughts.. What are yours..

Oh by the way.. I heard something about "Enlightment??" (-Havent used it yet-)
    ------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

I like the KDE better..

I think they both look like a windows system there's not that much difference between the two at least when you look at them.

I really want that lindows os that there coming out next year with. I can't wait till that comes out.

Cool

I prefer KDE, but that is considering that I have only used linux off and on for the last 4 weeks. I have a good friend who prefers the command line.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Re: KDE or Gnome?

KDE is cool, I think it has a lot of portential in areas other than the Desktop too. I have creative differences with the politics behind it, but it is very clean and stable.

Gnome is cool too, in many ways it has not really evolved, just new GTK themes and a few bug fixes and such. I still think it's a great deskop though.

To be perfectly honest I think KDE and Gnome are about equal in my book, and I rarely actually use either.

Enlightenment is my favorite for tweeking and goofing anround with window manager design.

For pure speed and minimalism I like balckbox.
    Know this..., you may not by thyself in pride claim the Mantle of Wizardry; that way lies only Bogosity without End.

Rather must you Become, and Become, and Become, until Hackers respect thy Power, and other Wizards hail thee as a Brother or Sister in Wisdom, and you wake up and realize that the Mantle hath lain unknown upon thy Shoulders since you knew not when.

As i just got myself a new p.c i will be installing some type of linux soon so thanks for the Info

hehbris
    ximian gnome is the best windows system i have ever seen. www.ximian.com

To the guy that wants "Lindows":

I really hope you are not serious, if you are, you must be completely retarded.

Lindows is nothing but Linux which is free, and a 3rd party tool which is also free, being packaged together and sold for $99

You can already do everything lindows is going to do, free of charge and without the stupid name.

syxx@attrition.org

Talking interesting

does anyone have any more information on enlightment, blackbox, and Lindows?

Is Lindows supposed to be a Windows / Linux Combo??

BlackBox does it have any interesting features?

enlightment i heard that this is the most graphically in depth? how so?
    ------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

To the guy that wants "Lindows":

Ireally hope you are not serious, if you are, you must be completely retarded.

Lindows is nothing but Linux which is free, and a 3rd party tool which is also free, being packaged together and sold for $99

You can already do everything lindows is going to do, free of charge and without the stupid name.
    quote from the 10 year old

Correction you can't
    and dahhh geee george you don't make sense george, retard, retard, what are you 10 years old. Lindows is not exactly Linux.

Becauseof its unique ability to run Linux® software titles as well as many popular Windows® (Nasdaq "MSFT") software titles, computer owners and organizations of all sizes will soon have an option for their new computers.

See where it says many popular Windows software titles, Can you do that with Linux I think not...

Re: KDE or GNOME

Originally posted by evilseed
    Ok.. I am just curious on which window manager people prefer more.. KDE or GNOME?
    Personally i use KDE because the version of GNOME i got is all buggy and i didn't want to download the update to it.
    The principle behind GNOME rocks though.
    There\'s no sense in being Pessimistic...it would never work anyway.