Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VB Decompiler

VB Decompiler

I need a VB Decompiler for something I'm doing. It is NOT for something illegal. Any suggestions for where I can get one? Thanks for your help.
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

I need one too
    --It\'s all good... (Except for Windows ME)--

Last I recall, very few languages can actually be decompiled successfully... the only language I know of that can be decompiled correctly, was Java...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

VB can be decompiled pretty well, but these two probably just want to steal souce code from crappy AOL "proggies" and release their own, then they will be leet haxors and the other kiddies will fear, lolz

Not many good programs that I can think of are coded in VB

syxx@attrition.org

to Syxx:

I am not trying to be a "l33t hax0r", I have no ambition whatsoever to be one, and never have. I have actual ethics, and do not intend in any way to do anything harmful to any person(s) or site(s). If you must know, I want a vb decompiler to get to the next level on http://www.try2hack.nl/5_level_5.html, and I'm doing this to see the ways in which a person could crack passwords on a website. I'm so new at this and so paranoid, that I wouldn't even think about trying to do something illegal. I'm also learning C++, so why would I want to take vb source code?

Go do a search for something called "DoDi's VB3 Discompiler" it usually works well, unless they put decompile protection on it, then you may need to hex it a little first.

syxx@attrition.org

I need a VB6 De-Compiler
    --It\'s all good... (Except for Windows ME)--

Thanks for sharing......

syxx@attrition.org

thanks

Thanks, Syxx, I'll look for that, but do you know one for later code?

Re: VB Decompiler

Originally posted by Kezil
    I need a VB Decompiler for something I'm doing. It is NOT for something illegal. Any suggestions for where I can get one? Thanks for your help.
    Watch out, decompilers on their own can be illegal in some countries, or they can at least get you busted and your computer taken away from you for a while.

P.S. im not suggesting that you are using for decompiling a program to release it as you own.
    There\'s no sense in being Pessimistic...it would never work anyway.