Thread: Need a Teacher

Exclamation Need a Teacher

Ok, its a case of "drink deep, or taste not the Pyrian spring". I am just intelligent enough to be a danger to myself and others. I've had a computer for 2 years - never touched one before. I am just a baby duck, but far exceed literally everyone I know - often people who do it for a living. But, I realize I'm just breaking the surface. I have no formal education in computers - my field is in nature.

I want to barter.

I will send you plants or my first born child. I will do research for you. I will put your things in my garage sale and give you the money. I will send my nephew to be your slave - he owes me.

so..?

so what exactly are you saying? if you wish to know certain knowledge, jsut ask the question. Otherwise, check out some of the posts that are entitled "for newbies" or things like htat. Useful links is helpful posts too. Check out the security files and or texts here too.

i am not interested in your nephew

feel free to post again... hopefuly your humourous attitude is only proceeded by your willingness to learn and share.
    visit clublouie.com!!

All you have to do is ask questions, we don't request any relatives of yours in return [no matter how much they might annoy you sometimes!]
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

Lightbulb Re: Need a Teacher

Originally posted by plantguru
    Ok, its a case of "drink deep, or taste not the Pyrian spring". I am just intelligent enough to be a danger to myself and others. I've had a computer for 2 years - never touched one before. I am just a baby duck, but far exceed literally everyone I know - often people who do it for a living. But, I realize I'm just breaking the surface. I have no formal education in computers - my field is in nature.

I want to barter.

I will send you plants or my first born child. I will do research for you. I will put your things in my garage sale and give you the money. I will send my nephew to be your slave - he owes me.
    Perhaps we could learn from each other,when i first read your post yesterday i was saying yeah yeah all the way through to the end....and then i wondered why the mentall telepathy stopped and it was because outside of the subject matter i wasnt sure if you were seeking a knowledgeable programmer for an apprenticeship or strait up wanted to trade for immediate knowledge?Any how i basically covet what you are seeking allthough i hope my teacher gains riches from planting a seed and watching it grow as opposed too planting the seedmerely to reap its harvest.till then feel free to corrospond

TO CAPDIVATING

Yes, and yes. I do want to trade knowledge, although the majority of my experience as pertains to computers is what not to do. I do want to find someone who likes teaching others for the simple joy of it, and is content to accept whatever I have to give in return.
    Plant

Hmmm, sounds interesting, but why did he leave? It seams that 6 days after he registered he dissapeared.

This would be a cool thing, I wish I had someone I could share knowledge with, being a loner at the moment... I have so much potential, but nobody to hang with and do like projects and stuff.

Interested? The offer stands open. If enough members respond, maybe a new group could be formed. [Serious inquiries only, no brand-new newbies]

Thanks,

nanodog
    [gloworange]\"I think I could, if I only knew how to begin.\" -Lewis Carrol[/gloworange]
    Hackerslab FreeHackingZone Wargame Status: Lvl 3
    www.hdcwargame.comHDC wargame Status: Level 12

plantguru :
    To me, that's what for the site is all about!!!
    mainly around security & networking topics!

Sharing security konwledge is a great matter of interest to the whole IP community, the most security educated internet users are, the most safe the network is!!!
    As an example if all computer world wide where equiped with firewall and anti spoofing counter measures, DDoS by script kiddies would be no more.

Here comes an advice about ur knowledge quest:
    Don't be lazy, search by ur own
    1- Do google (& read RFCs)
    2- use the hereby forum search engine
    3- ask your question on AO forum

Good luck and may the force be with u!!!
    [shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]

Perhaps we should move this to site suggestions

we need a "Geek dating forum" !!!
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

So whats your ? about Yo...um and whats "the Pyrian spring"....*8*M0nstr*8*<----confused
    Madness has its toll. Please have correct change. *M0nstr*