Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: For all you hackers out there...

larryjs
    I am the kind of "hacker" that has to go and clean up after script kiddies.And one who loathes wannabe dipshits such as yourself.

Who ME?
    The sky above the port was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel- Neuromancer

zlito's clear hat term is prolly the best definition of all hackers and crackers. to be elite you must learn to use anything and everything to your advantage. the most basic and overlooked skill to learn is social engineering for a computers biggest security threat is the person sitting in front of it. never stop readin. never stop learning. and never trust anyone. i really dont see anythin wrong wit usin progs as long as you take the time to learn to use it. all too often some skript kiddie dl's a brute forcer and its straight to the boards wit posts like tell me how to use this or similar. i even saw one post from this lamer saying "i know how to crack but i need to know exactly how to crack a yahoo e mail" then when asked the person couldnt even remember the name of the prog!! (as if it wasnt sittin right on his desktop lol) Personally when i want to play around i enjoy breakin out my copy of MB httpbf and writing new definition files.but it is even more fun if you code your own progs by far.

I'm not into "hacking" too much. I just want to understand the technology behind it.

Well, I haven't read the entire thread, but I'm responding to the initial post (not sure where the thread might have wondered since then... probably gorilla pr0n or something of that nature). I'm white hat. My definition of white hat, which is quite possibly different from yours. I orient myself against script-kiddies, black hats, and three year olds armed with Sub7 (script-kiddies). But I'm not gonna say that I'm elite. I'm decent with computers and security, but my philosophy is that I'll never be as good as I could be, or want to be. But I will always keep moving in that direction. If you care to help, let me know, and I'll take you up on that offer. If you want help, likewise, let me know, and I'll do what I can for you. Maybe I should be known as the "humble white hat" brand of hackers.

--PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Originally posted by PhirePhreak
    Well, I haven't read the entire thread, but I'm responding to the initial post (not sure where the thread might have wondered since then... probably gorilla pr0n or something of that nature). I'm white hat. My definition of white hat, which is quite possibly different from yours. I orient myself against script-kiddies, black hats, and three year olds armed with Sub7 (script-kiddies). But I'm not gonna say that I'm elite. I'm decent with computers and security, but my philosophy is that I'll never be as good as I could be, or want to be. But I will always keep moving in that direction. If you care to help, let me know, and I'll take you up on that offer. If you want help, likewise, let me know, and I'll do what I can for you. Maybe I should be known as the "humble white hat" brand of hackers.

--PhirePhreak
    I think this is the attitude to have.

Post Hmmm

...does a white poncho count?
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

I dont know enough yet to classify myself as anything but a little more than a well informed user. Yeah, I have a good grasp on linux and networking,etc. I dont know any programming languages to the point where I can sit down and boff out a trojan off the top of my dome. I would like to be at that point, but its just not gonna happen within the next 2 years or so. I know just enough code to be a hazard. My cap would probably be the dunce cap.
    Bolt actions speak louder than words.

just learning about security

Cool

well i would say im one of da good guys....
    and i also wish to learn more and more..

as i have ethics on my right..
    i have skills on my left...

(not to mention i can type two keyboards at thesame time..)

i dunno.. i juz learn and use what i learnt for the good of all...

make everybody safe and protected from people who abuse their skills and knowledge..