0 0%
  • Borland

1 50.00%
  • LiNux Compilers

1 50.00%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What kind of connection do you have?

T1 at college & 56K at home. . . soon to be cable or DSL.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill
    Share on Google+

AntiOnline Senior Member

DSL 256K/128K = 30K download, 15K upload.
    Share on Google+

Cable as primary w/dial up as secondary
    We Know Who You Are.....
    Share on Google+

Shmoo
    Dial-up, but it aint that bad some dude tweaked it for me; so now when I sign on it says that I have signed on at 115200bps

On a 56k....I dont think so..
    Share on Google+

Lightbulb

Originally posted by MsMittens
    Hrmm. Well I waited for four years for my cable.... To my disappointment, I had to do DHCP and even if I went to the business edition, I still couldn't get static IP so I could setup my own DNS. =(
    It is posible to have a static IP address for a Cable modem but don't ask me how. Some time ago my settings stuffed up and I lost connection with my cable internet. It didn't work with Assigning Automatic IP address. My ISP couldn't resolve the problem but gave me a fixed IP address which works well.
    Share on Google+

Lightbulb

Originally posted by ThePreacher
    Just wondering can you get like 5 DSL or cable connections in one house?
    I have cable and yes, it is possible to have multiple connections in the house, along with running cable phone and cable television all simultaneously without interfering with eachother.
    Share on Google+

Originally posted by MsMittens
    Hrmm. Well I waited for four years for my cable (yes, I had heard about it in 1996). I got it last year. To my disappointment, I had to do DHCP and even if I went to the business edition, I still couldn't get static IP so I could setup my own DNS. =(

I think I may have to go DSL for that.
    MsMittens, I've got Optus@Home cable internet, which is also using DHCP. But there is one thing I have noticed.. My IP address has not changed since I got it. I believe that they are using DHCP, but each computer has a IP Address reserved just for it.. doesn't that make you feel special.

If your lucky, your provider might be doing the same stupid thing.
    I personally don't like how the provider is doing it as I believe that broadband users are the ones who really need dynamic IP addresses.. but thats a different issue altogether...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"
    Share on Google+