Ethics. - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: Ethics.

  1. #11
    Token drunken Irish guy
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    2,813
    Maybe I shouldnt get annoyed by his comments but it's just hehbris that envokes my rage. I avoid getting annoted by anyone here and I like almost every here, in fact 99.9% of the users here I respect but please excuse my anger on this one.
    Share on Google+

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    118
    He He nice tut. Ennis, always enjoy reading other peoples views on hacker ethics and it is true that we have been gettin a bad name over the recent years. However why would an elite hacker specifically need to be a *NIX expert in your opinion?
    As for hehbris I don't think that i would worry too much about him. although get annoyed with the guy by all means
    And hehbris, it how much of those languages do you actually know IN DEPTH (sorry for shouting ). I can say that ive used as many as 15 languages (i don't consider C to be a lang as it is merely a subscript) but i only really know 4 of them in any great detail
    There\'s no sense in being Pessimistic...it would never work anyway.
    Share on Google+

  3. #13
    hehbris
    Guest
    (i don't consider C to be a lang as it is merely a subscript)
    (i don't consider C to be a lang as it is merely a subscript)
    (i don't consider C to be a lang as it is merely a subscript) (i don't consider C to be a lang as it is merely a subscript) (i don't consider C to be a lang as it is merely a subscript)

    what language is C derived from?
    do you mean C++? C++ is a very much different language.

    Oh and i know them all in depth, i use them all every single day
    Share on Google+

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    118
    Originally posted by hehbris
    (i don't consider C to be a lang as it is merely a subscript)
    (i don't consider C to be a lang as it is merely a subscript)
    (i don't consider C to be a lang as it is merely a subscript) (i don't consider C to be a lang as it is merely a subscript) (i don't consider C to be a lang as it is merely a subscript)
    why so many quotes from me??????

    Originally posted by hehbris
    [Bwhat language is C derived from?
    [/B]
    Well C is derived from the B language (for Bell labs) but that is not what i meant whatsoever. When i say C is a subscript i mean that it is really part of the C++ lang now not that it is derived from it.

    Originally posted by hehbris
    [B
    Oh and i know them all in depth, i use them all every single day [/B]
    You use all 8 languages every day (not inc. C) is this part of your job, otherwise i find it difficult to believe that you have any need to use them all every single day.
    There\'s no sense in being Pessimistic...it would never work anyway.
    Share on Google+

  5. #15
    hehbris
    Guest
    your logic fails me. How can you not consider C to be a language when it is the foundation of many other languages and the most important language ever created?

    and yes i use them all

    currently I am creating a standalone application version of my company's entire system written in JSP. I am writing this in java. The program requires custom compression so this is being written as a java native interface in C++. The files to be compressed come from an oracle database meaning i need SQL to retrieve them. The data is retrieved by a PERL application that makes SQL calls. The other day there was a bug found in some source code, right now there are about 120 files in this project, so I created a PERL script to parse them and find the error. This is but a small example. I find use for all these languages in an 'everyday' setting not literally everyday you buffoon.
    Share on Google+

  6. #16

    Exclamation

    Originally posted by hehbris
    your logic fails me. How can you not consider C to be a language when it is the foundation of many other languages and the most important language ever created?

    and yes i use them all

    currently I am creating a standalone application version of my company's entire system written in JSP. I am writing this in java. The program requires custom compression so this is being written as a java native interface in C++. The files to be compressed come from an oracle database meaning i need SQL to retrieve them. The data is retrieved by a PERL application that makes SQL calls. The other day there was a bug found in some source code, right now there are about 120 files in this project, so I created a PERL script to parse them and find the error. This is but a small example. I find use for all these languages in an 'everyday' setting not literally everyday you buffoon.
    for all this knowledge.. do you have a website?

    Kinda lame for you to be this terrific programmer.. and not even have a website.
    Share on Google+

  7. #17
    hehbris
    Guest
    http://www.snickerbarf.com

    would not having a webpage make me 'lame'?
    Share on Google+

  8. #18
    Originally posted by hehbris
    http://www.snickerbarf.com

    would not having a webpage make me 'lame'?
    lets see talented programmer (including HTML)

    and no website.. yes.. it would be irony.


    snicker barf..

    heh.. explains your outrage.. your from canada..
    Share on Google+

  9. #19
    hehbris
    Guest
    Um, i'm afraid your use of irony is completely misguided.
    How is being able to program and having a webpage related? To show off? uh get a clue dumb one
    Share on Google+

  10. #20
    get a clue dumb one.
    Share on Google+

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 Security News

     Patches

       Security Trends

         How-To

           Buying Guides