Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ethics.

I sure get alot of red antipoints..

heh.. I even got one for this post.. (Predicting is a beautiful thing)
    ------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

Damn that conversation between evilseed and hehbris was scary!! Hehbris has serious issues.

I wasn't here in the Seb-G days, who's worse?
    Why am I still here?

Cool Ethics

Ethics are when an ISP trys to throw you in Jail when you tell them they have a security problem!

Franklin Werren
    http://www.bagpipes.net

Originally posted by Alcatraz
    Damn that conversation between evilseed and hehbris was scary!! Hehbris has serious issues.

I wasn't here in the Seb-G days, who's worse?
    No kidding.
    ------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

Great Post. As a student in IT I am relieved to see someone has the knowledge to pass the ethics portion on to us newbies!
    We Know Who You Are.....

Ennis

As another silently learning newbie...it was good to see some sort of 'insider views' of the ethics of 'security'.

Whether the points you raise are valid to all perceptions, it is still nescessary to raise them, even if it is to provoke Discussion that is creative.
    It is not whether a 'bill of ethics' is accepted by all, but that a unified view that can be presented to the great Opiate of the masses, aka The Informed media, that will prevent the hysteria generated from the defacements and attacks of a few script kiddies.

Thanks for the thoughtful ponderings.
    Who Cares Wins

Banned
    Thanks guys for the kind words!

My congradulations and thanks go to EvilSeed and Hebris for the laughs. Yet in the end EvilSeed seems to be in the lead 2-1. Many Positive Antipoints to you both though. And Ennis, what is this talk of leaving. I know I'm not that good of a friend, but (I must be a newbie/neophyte according to...:P) I look up to you highly and would regret never learning from you. Although I can't honestly say that because I have. Your Ethics are pretty fascinating, with a couple of exceptions here and there of course. But nothing that would stop the Scripty (a.k.a. lamer) from benifiting (i.e. - anology: The Bible, hehehe). I love reading your posts, it'll be a sad day when you leave. I'm not sure what happens to 'retired' Senior Members. We'll have to talk to JP about that. Maybe you get a free (lousy) T-Shirt mailed to you or something, who knows? But hey, good luck where ever youg going to next.
    ----
    Can't we all just get along?
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Get a long? Do you know how much longs cost??

lol...

Sorry - I'm in a semi-sarcastic-semi-humerous mood at the moment... Yeah I agreee everyone shoudl try to get on with each other, it makes the world a better place (although it's gonna take a lot for this planet to become a better place!)
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

hmmm.. nice post there d00d.. very educational....

by the way.. a lil word to the people every where...

Being a hacker doesnt mean you know ALL coz nobody can know it ALL.. technology changes everyday and basically one of the main goes of a hacker is to keep up with the changes... and learn as much as they can...

Coz i always get the shits when someone asks me something and they get pissed off at me or get disapponted at me coz i dont know the answer.. i mean like.. i can answer MOST of your questions but not ALL...