Thread: Forms, and security

Post Forms, and security

I am "attempting" to pass a value to a form, which is located inside of a frame. For some reason, the page crashes out with

Error: Permission denied
    Code: 0
    URL: IndexfileIamaccessing from here.

I am attempting to pass a value to a form on one page(loaded into a frame), from another form (Located on another frame).

If I view source, save, access the file locally, everything works fine.

Does anyone know of a way to keep people from "externally" adding information to text boxes using javascript, or ASP?

If so, does anyone know a way to "bypass" this type of security.

Thank you
    CheeseBall

could you e-mail me the source code?

The Preacher

I will try to help you, but I am also just in the learning stage so dont expect too much.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Arrow

You could use javascript to clear the text box of anything that might be passed to it when the page loads. This would be impossible to break unless the user has javascript disabled.

Is this what you are looking for?
    \"If you torture the data enough, it will confess.\" --Ronald Coase

if it's an ASP prob just post it and I'll take a look at it... or just mail it to me...
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

ASP/JavaScript issue

I do not believe it is an actual ASP problem. I can access the form as long as it isn't running off the net. I'm attaching the source for this, well an "example" of the source, using google.com, which will not allow me to access the form for searching (which would allow me to autopopulate the form from another frame, which is almost what I am trying to do).

Here it is..well both of them....the index and the second frame. I put them in index.html.txt I copied both html documents into this file. All I need to do is access the form, f.q off of google.com...couldn't be THAT hard...but for some reason it works...but only if I save the page to my HD and do this from there. Any ideas?

Re: ASP/JavaScript issue

Originally posted by Cheeseball
    I do not believe it is an actual ASP problem. I can access the form as long as it isn't running off the net. I'm attaching the source for this, well an "example" of the source, using google.com, which will not allow me to access the form for searching (which would allow me to autopopulate the form from another frame, which is almost what I am trying to do).

Here it is..well both of them....the index and the second frame. I put them in index.html.txt I copied both html documents into this file. All I need to do is access the form, f.q off of google.com...couldn't be THAT hard...but for some reason it works...but only if I save the page to my HD and do this from there. Any ideas?
    So before i start sussing this out, what you are trying to do is load www.google.com into a frame in a html file and write something to the text box in google.com from another frame??

Is this right??
    There\'s no sense in being Pessimistic...it would never work anyway.

Yes.....that is pretty much it...