Thread: 'New Thread' Button

'New Thread' Button

I think the 'New Thread' button should be removed from within the threads. It doesn't really fit in there, and people sometimes confuse it with the reply button. No urgent thing, but what do y'all think?

Prest-O-Change-O-Move-O

I think it might be a good idea leave it, BUT move it from inside the thread window to somewhere else. Also it should say something to the affect of:

[Click here to start a new thread in So-n-So`Forum.]

This might find a nice little home at the bottom! Yes? No?

Hmmm... I like that idea too. That would actually probably be a better solution.

yeah that sounds better don't get rid of it's convinence just correct the problem of people accidently hitting the wrong button.

sounds good.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

i agree with you dislex, i think the thread button should be moved , and a "home" button added too

Home

Last night I was thinking about the home buttons. It would be very nice to have one on every page. I started thinking of this after I went to view a profile. I was done and I noticed there was no back button nor was there a home.

Why was I given a negitive AntiPoint for this thread?
    This is the 3rd negitive AntiPoint I have recieved for no reason. Well, I guess I am here to learn.

I find it confusing to have a new thread button on each page, if I'm going to start one I'll go to the relevant forum and do it from there. When I first started using AO I accidentally started a new thread by click that image instead of post reply. In fact just talking about it nearly made me make the same mistake again!!
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.