Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virus!

Doh! Not again!
    ------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

whoever is giving me red stop it.
    ------------EViLSEED

Unhappy

Windows doesn't allow you to delete ie5..... ahh..... BILL GATES... what a smart man.... hehe

if it found it on the first pass but not on the second it either cleaned it or quarantined it...check the virus log.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

More.. and more REDPOINTS AHAHAHAHAHHAHHH!!

Ok now to note on ie5... It can be taken out of windows 98se and ME..

But your computer will boot up to a blank screen...
    U need a shell.. Now if you take the 16bit program manager out of windows 3.x u can set it as shell in the INI and walla.. U dont have to use internet explorer 5 to boot up.. one thing.. i dont know how long it stays stable and yet again 8 character file names baby!!! if you want to get technical its 11.. but whatever.
    ------------EViLSEED

you need more then a shell to delete it and have it work.... your plan does work, but stay stable for, on average.... maybe 15 minutes (at least the on the pentium 3 we tried it on) there is some guy who wrote a prog that deletes ie and keeps windows running, but he got sued by Microsoft..... but that is quite another story (and very humorous i might add)

Humorous Story?!

Originally posted by lord_darkside_x
    there is some guy who wrote a prog that deletes ie and keeps windows running, but he got sued by Microsoft..... but that is quite another story (and very humorous i might add) [/B]
    Do tell or at least give a link so we (I) can find it.
    WarePhreak

well i don't have a link.... but it was a few years back.... he wrote this prog, and micro$oft sued him. his claim was that his puter ran faster with out ie (i'm not sure what version). Micro$oft ran tests that "showed" windows running faster with it. they showed footage of the tests in court with a video tape. Now here come the funny part, some video editors were watching and called the guys lawyer to inform him that the videos were obviously edited. So the judge ruled in favor of the guy, who then recieved a very large out of court settlement from micro$oft basically buying the prog from him so that he couldn't distribute it. micro$oft is so silly.....

Originally posted by SolidPez
    Thx. Would it be possible to rid the virus or whatever it is...by deleting IE5?
    I don't know about whether it would clear a virus or not, but if you want to have a go and delete IE anyway then i suggest that you try IEradicator It should pretty much do it for you if you download the program.

Cause I did a full system scan and no virus or malicious file was found...
    Well....have you updated your virus checker recently?
    (hate to sound obvious)

but i think it is nestled in IE5.
    Do you mean actually inside the program, try checking the file size for IE5 with the one microsoft says it should be (sorry don't know the address) if it is in the least bit different, then delete IE5 straight away with the link i said.

So does anyone thing delteing IE5 might do the trick or do you think it is in multiple places? Thx
    I guess it all depends have a look at the sophos site and try the name of that file you said, if the person who made it is clever then they will probably have told it to store itself in several different boot-up places.
    There\'s no sense in being Pessimistic...it would never work anyway.

Afaik, there was a problem recently with norton anti virus giving false alerts about some web sites (like msn.co.uk) being infected with a trojan. Maybe you should look into that before you format you hard disk.