Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: **important Notice**

Originally posted by SolidPez
    hehbris, you trying to start trouble?
    I believe that it would be something to do with a little post of mine a while back when he was claiming what a super-duper programmer he was not realising that C was a subset of C++. i think that i quite annoyed him really and so now he has to tell the world about it.
    There\'s no sense in being Pessimistic...it would never work anyway.

hehbris
    does this mean C is a subset to java as well?
    this must also mean that linux is writen in C++ as well. Just because C happens to be used in C++ doesn't invalidate C you fool. The standards in C++ are to use C++ objects because C++ uses object orientated methology unlike C. There is no printf in C++ even though you can include stdio.h, iso standards require the use of OBJECTS.

Originally posted by hehbris
    does this mean C is a subset to java as well?
    this must also mean that linux is writen in C++ as well. Just because C happens to be used in C++ doesn't invalidate C you fool. The standards in C++ are to use C++ objects because C++ uses object orientated methology unlike C. There is no printf in C++ even though you can include stdio.h, iso standards require the use of OBJECTS.
    Java was a pretty much new language that missed out C's ponters and pointer arithmatic

just compile the hello world program from C in C++. It will work.

I never said that C was Not a language its just that i don't really consider it to be one that you can say that you program in any more, it has been engulfed by C++

hehbris
    tell this to all the C programmers out there. C compilers are still in development and are used by people who are not fans of C++ bloatware. And java is not just C without pointers, you are just spewing the most simple and obvious things pretending as if you had a clue - well sorry bucko it is obvious that you don't have a single clue.

Re: C und C++

I am probably going to regret having read this post.

A minor correction if I may.

True, C++ uses many features of C. True most modern compilers written for C++ can compile and debug C code. True C++ has replaced C in many types of software where C used to be the defacto language. True many programmers know both C++ and C. True that things like C++ & C comments can be used interchangeably.

Also true:
    C and C++ code can not be compiled using the same compiler unless it is a C/C++ cross compiler (which many are). C++ is rarely if ever used for device drivers and CPU instructions sets where C often is(assembly pref. for CPU). C pointer math is different than C++. Some operators are not used in the same way, or do not have the same priority. exit() and return() are treated differently. There are many fine points as well as code structure that are the same or similar, but there are more that are not.

Being an avid supporter and programmer in both C and C++ I would have to politely disagree that the two are one in the same or that C++ can do anything that C can do and vice versa.
    Know this..., you may not by thyself in pride claim the Mantle of Wizardry; that way lies only Bogosity without End.

Rather must you Become, and Become, and Become, until Hackers respect thy Power, and other Wizards hail thee as a Brother or Sister in Wisdom, and you wake up and realize that the Mantle hath lain unknown upon thy Shoulders since you knew not when.

Well said UberCoder...

Re: Re: C und C++

Originally posted by UberC0der
    I am probably going to regret having read this post.
    He he, i wouldn't bet on it.

Originally posted by UberC0der
    I would have to politely disagree that the two are one in the same or that C++ can do anything that C can do and vice versa.
    I'm quite ok with that, i too was saying about my own personal viewpoint, because for my needs C and C++ are one and the same thing.

Thank you for being polite about disagreeing though.

praten er hier mensen ook nog nederlands? mijn nederlands is niet perfect dus sorry voor foutjes

tell this to all the C programmers out there. C compilers are still in development and are used by people who are not fans of C++ bloatware.
    Ok you point me in the right direction........

And java is not just C without pointers,
    I didn't have all that time to fully explain about java and C/C++, some of us have things that we have to do (college)

you are just spewing the most simple and obvious things
    some of which you didn't seem to know.........

pretending as if you had a clue - well sorry bucko it is obvious that you don't have a single clue.
    <sarcasm>
    Damnn.....so all this time i spent learning Java, and i don't have a clue, so THATS where im going wrong
    </sarcasm>

and i don't take kidnly to being called bucko..........it is clear from this that you just don't have any respect for others and have to result to name calling.

hehbris
    "all this time on java" if you really need to spend more than a week to learn java then something is definitely wrong with you. Java is a technician's language, C++ is a man's language