Thread: Help me

Help me

hello to you all

One of my webpages is going to be hacked .
    I need to know more about frontpage holes.
    IIS3 holes

and any programs tha gets the details about the visitors in a webpage (without putting anything to the webserver).

thanks for your help

bye
    If God had intended
    Man to program,
    we would be born
    with serial I/O ports.

How do you know one of your webpages is going to be hacked?
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Question

One of my webpages is going to be hacked
    If it's 'going' to be hacked then don't use frontpage, use a real html editor like notepad or perhaps vi.
    If you own the hosting site, think about Apache instead of IIS or if your in a position to move the site, do it, find a low cost *nix hoster and do it that way.

Jamie.

thank you

But this is the real situation .
    In my area have been crashed many webservers from some kids.
    And now i found their webpage and i saw one of my url in their list .
    I only host this page and i have to be sure.
    But i can interrupt the frontpage services and change IIS to Apache.My clients want to work in that page (this webpage is updated every hour).

I need more ideas here
    can anyone help
    bye
    If God had intended
    Man to program,
    we would be born
    with serial I/O ports.

Magic,
    If you need to check patching levels etc on your server then microsoft have one you can download although its hard work to use. I prefer the Gravity Storm Serveice Pack Manager which is much easier to use.

As for setting up your site dont use the default www site it creates, disable it create a new one so it contains no sample code etc. Dont forget to set absolute minimum permision and execution rights.

As for gathering informaion about visitors IIS's logging is not that bad but by defualt does not log anything that exciting so look to turn on some more of these options

Then, get another machine install apache for NT with the ASP plugin and learn to use that. its much more secure and requires much less maintenance and patching.

Paul

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his!

BTW,
    I agree with Jamie on the FrontPage issue, is at best poor and at worst a real liability, i generate huge amounts of unecessary code and is not exactly secure. NotePad is the tool of choice (well GWEdit anyway, its notepad with line numbers )

hehe.... holes in IIS3 that'll be a loooong list

my advice would be to apply the newest patch available at once!
    or just use Apache webserver instead.... if u don't have access 2 the server then ur ****ed, unless u know the person who is and can make him/her do something about it fast... there r a lot of nasty sk's out there! who just looooveeees to mess around with IIS....
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

Yep, thats why you want Service Pack Manager, it will allow you to download the hotfiex "on mass" and install the hotfixes etc in order...