Thread: NMAP and others

Banned

Question NMAP and others

Ok.. I know im gonna get flamed, but bear with me. Is there any way to compile NMAP under Windows ? Or is there just an NMAP Distro for Windows ?

Yes, there is a windows version, but it is in beta, it is source code only, and it has only been tested with Visual C++). <----- taken from the insecure.org website.

Good luck.
    Happy Hacking
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Warfare is the Way of deception.
    -Sun Tzu \"The Art of War\"

Banned
    So I have to download the tarball ?

Banned
    Ok.. I got the Tarball.. I extracted it and i found the source... I currently VB6 Studio installed... Can anyone help me to compile the source ?

It looks like it. If you have Visual C++ and want to try it, but don't have any way to retrieve files from the tarball under windows, you should check out tomsrtbt disk. You can download the file, use tomsrtbt to reboot the machine, and unzip/untar it from there. Then when you reboot into windows, the files will be there for you to use.
    TomsRTBT can be found here

good luck

Happy Hacking

fyi

IF YOU HAVE winZip 7.0 or later it will unpack Tar files(maybe pre- 7.0 i havn't tried)
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    Oh, but i already un-tared them...... i extracted it already from the Tarball....

Okay-

You have untar'd the file, and you are looking at a directory of files, many ending in a .c or .C or something like that? Do you know your way around Visual studio? You should be able to view the files as part of a package/project/whatever VS6 calls it. Is there a file in the untar'd dir named "Install" or Configure" or something equally suspicious looking?
    Typically, and I may be reviewing, and I apolagize if I am, but there is a script or bat file or something that will have env settings in it to find your compiler and such that will compile the files in the right order (for dependencies), and install them into the correct directories. Given that this is beta and such, that may not be the case. If there is no Install script type of thing, there should at least be a text ReadMe file that will outline the install process. You may have to compile some things before others and you may have to compile by hand, and move files by hand (this is a pain). You could also check to see if anyone else has already done this and see if they are willing to ship you a zip of their installed directory.

HTH,

loadc

VB6 Studio won't help you. You need Visual C++, not Visual Basic. (Unless you meant VS6, like loadc said.)

Hope this helps.

Happy Hacking

Banned
    Yah, I meant VS6