View Poll Results: What should I do, Leave AO or Stay, recieve AO negs, or positives

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I should leave

3 15.79%
  • No I should stay

13 68.42%
  • Yes I disserve anti=points

1 5.26%
  • nO I don't disserve anti-points

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-Box Virus?

Question X-Box Virus?

I have a question for the virii creators of AO: Could there concievably be a virus created for X-Box? They never thought you could make a virus for Palm but someone did, so what about the X-Box?

It's built using a pentium chip if I remember correctly, therefore it has an assembly language that is 'known'. It also has a hard-drive. So theoretically, could you create a virus that screwed around with the game and/or console?

That'd actually be pretty funny if there was a virus that screwed up any X-Box. I personally wouldn't put it past microsoft to let this happen.

Anyways, just wondering on your thoughts.
    - Stronzo

\"Vini, Vici, Vidi\"
    I came, I saw, I conquered.
    - Julius Caesar

Re: X-Box Virus?

Originally posted by Stronzo
    I have a question for the virii creators of AO: Could there concievably be a virus created for X-Box? They never thought you could make a virus for Palm but someone did, so what about the X-Box?

It's built using a pentium chip if I remember correctly, therefore it has an assembly language that is 'known'. It also has a hard-drive. So theoretically, could you create a virus that screwed around with the game and/or console?

That'd actually be pretty funny if there was a virus that screwed up any X-Box. I personally wouldn't put it past microsoft to let this happen.

Anyways, just wondering on your thoughts.

I guess that it all depends on how m$ configure it. Although as you said i wouldn't put it past M$, but i guess that they are kinda relying on the x-box to get them into the console games market....so they might have put some thought into security.
    There\'s no sense in being Pessimistic...it would never work anyway.

xbox virus

You know sooner or later there is going to be an xbox virus made.
    One of these days, someone will be getting bored and boom, there it is. Personally I think Microsoft was to stupid to put a decent security program on there to help stop the virii, but that is just my opinion. I'm not going to be doing any of the online gaming with the xbox so hopefully nothing will go to wrong with it, however if I am wrong, well then it just proves xbox is no better than any other microsoft product on the market today.
    If you don\'t tell me what I want to know, in 5 minutes I\'ll be the only person left standing at this table...5 minutes after that, I\'ll be the only person left standing in this room.

Question Virus

Yeah, i was wondering how you would actually receive the virus. For you have to be online to get it. If the virus would look for other online users and infect them...it wouldn't be a virus would it...Can anybody say WANK? (First worm) I mean...i don't think you'd download anything onto your XBox...would you?...(M$ might post up uploads, or demos or something...ideas?)
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

How to get the virus onto the Xbox.. easy... Demo Discs... like the ones you get on magazines.... someone could just slip it in there.... voila... get lots of suckers with that....

I swear computer magazines love sticking virus's on their cdz....
    and for some strange reason, people think the magazine CDs are safe...

Note: I don't actually believe that the magazine producers put the virus's on the cds on purpose..... but the amount of times I've gotten a virus install stuff from those cds... its a conspiracy I tells ya...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

I think you must be reading the wrong sort of magazines
    I buy a couple of games magazines here every month, and to my knowledge they have never contained a virus (mind you I always have my virus scanner active just in case).

But 'demo disks' and 'free software' are another matter ...

Don't really see how MS can stop some sort of virus getting onto the xbox - after all it has a hard drive & some sort of net connection.

there could already be virus's for the Xbox... manufactured by the game developers. if the game is detected to be pirated, it screws your Xbox over.. its another conspiracy!!! :c)

there's all these conspiracies going around right now...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't already hundreds of viruses ready to target the X-Box.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I would be completely amazed if there weren't already loads of viruses out there for the X-Box already. It's probably X-Box armageddon out there. Since it's a Microsoft product, the only defense is prayer (and maybe forget the idea of ever putting that thing online).