View Poll Results: What should I do, Leave AO or Stay, recieve AO negs, or positives

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I should leave

3 15.79%
  • No I should stay

13 68.42%
  • Yes I disserve anti=points

1 5.26%
  • nO I don't disserve anti-points

2 10.53%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X-Box Virus?

I dont that it'd be as easy to write an xbox virus as all of you seem to be leading on...

Reason being is that operating system is so strange.

Most game consoles are practically real-time,
    and its not like they boot off the hard-drive anyway.
    Thats like saying that the playstations and 64's could have gotten
    viruses in their memory cards from all those bad demo-disks.

If it only boots off the cd, without initializing anything on the harddrive that the cd doesnt ask for,
    then there wouldnt be much point of a virus.

Its the same sort of thing as the fact that somebody should write a virus to target flash bios on common boards...
    itd be devastating...
    and yet no one does it...

I dont think there will be an xbox virus of any concern.
    but that's just my opinion.

-8trak
    F0 0F C7 C8

Unhappy

I think the X-box will get a virus, not because it's another console game station, but because it's Microsoft. Sony and Nintendo have a pretty good hold the console gaming market, yet I don't see viruses for them anywhere, when in theory there could be. I think someone will do it just because hating microsoft is everyone's favorite past time. Admit it, you love to hate microsoft

I would assume that M$ will only allow system changes (drivers, etc) through 'upgrade' discs, which would be licensed by them only, and the XBox would only recognize said discs...the multiplayer options in games would be regulated by the software developers in the same manner, i would think...i can't imagine that the hardware and software developers would not have thought of such possibilities. Just my thought...
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

The main reason I think there could be a virus is the same reason I've never purcahsed a ps1 game - mod chips / hacks for free games. Someone is going to hack the XBox for sure so that you can download games for free, and from that hack/free games I'm sure someone will be able to instal a virus of some sort. What it will do is anyones guess but I'm sure there will eventually be something that screws over the XBox. Like knightmb said, too many people hate MS to not do it.

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Red face Xbox

inorder for anyone to make software for the device it would either have microsoft's seal, or have microsoft's software to develop the apps...
    however that software to develop apps might be obtainable
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

sebastos12
    i think that everything that come up and have been based on technology some guys have started to explore the system of that to find the "secrets" of it.