Thread: The Late News:

The Late News:

Here is the late News or the Early News.........
    The Xbox Specs.

Gates said as many as 30 games will be available for the holiday season, but conceded the demand for the consoles may outpace the supply.
    “Tonight we think we brought a lot of Xboxes here and tonight is probably the only night for a long, long time where everyone can get an Xbox,” he said.

Microsoft expects to make and sell 1.5 million consoles by the end of the year, but Gates said “we expect to be in pretty short supply” because of consumer demand.
    The $299 console, which is the only one with a built-in hard drive and a plug for high-speed Internet access, officially goes on sale Thursday morning at 10,000 retailers nationwide.
    “They are definitely getting maximum exposure,” said P.J. McNealy, senior analyst at Gartner G2.
    As for Gates’ appearance, McNealy noted, the company is “trying to extract only the good qualities of Microsoft. This is the only Microsoft-ish move I’ve seen them make.” In its advertising and packaging of Xbox, Microsoft has downplayed references to the company name in an effort to create a unique brand.

Pretty Scary !!!

So which is the best game console out there and why do they get so much hype? Game consoles like that are pretty much all the same and they're not nearly as good/versatile as the computer. Plus, computers have hundreds of times more games. You could buy a lot of new games for your computer or get XBox. But whatever, get it if you want and good luck finding it.

Or maybe my opinion is biased because I've never had playstation or any of that stuff...someone tell me what I'm missing out on.
    Why am I still here?

who want's a microsoft game console anyway? I mean... the last thing I would buy is a console that'll throw a Blue Screen of Death in my face.... hehe

(or maybe they made it green for the xbox... who knows! )
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

Talking

ok can anyone tell me will the $box have the normal m$ intelligence as in keyboard error!! press f1 to continue....hehe

lol maybe the game pad has a built in ctrl-alt-del button,

Originally posted by Focmaester
    lol maybe the game pad has a built in ctrl-alt-del button,
    no the ctrl-alt-del button is gonna be on it's own pad.... that way they'll earn more money because the consumers have to buy it separate.... ROFLMAO! .... they're gonna squeeze as much money out of ppl as possible.... u probably need a license to use i too!!! LOL!
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

i need a huge and flexible RESTART button...na dwhen will the famous MS patches start flowing in