Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol

Thumbs down Escapism...

I'm a Dr. Pepper and Sprite man myself. My liver is my friend.

Banned
    Here come the pioneers!

Childwood

I think pete every Irish student has spent some time in Wildwood NJ :-)

Loveably called Childwood cos if my recollection is correct even a child could get served a pint in the pubs there

being canadian
    ITS GOTTA BE BEER
    Love our high test micro brew stuff, but it's MOLSON all the way

as for a good quality "beerwall" I find that when your buddies come over, All you have to do is load your beer.case into your hand file and hit Drink.exe.
    werkz4me

Finally a topic I REALLY understand.

In no particular order:
    1. Bombay Saphire Gin with lots of lime.
    2. 100% Agave aged Tequila by our friend Jose Cuervo.
    3. For late night sipping - Portwood Scotch. 14 year old scotch aged another 7 years in oak casks used to produce portugese Port. Nummy.
    4. For desert I like a little known liquior called Celtic Crossing. Irish whisky sweetened up with some honey and other tasty ingredients.

Salude!

Dave ST.

"as for a good quality "beerwall" I find that when your buddies come over, All you have to do is load your beer.case into your hand file and hit Drink.exe."

That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. very kool. Peace
    [shadow]Prepare ship for ludicrous speed![/shadow]

ok...here's a qustion for the irish ones here:
    in the us we have a drink. the name varries a bit, but its usually called either an "Irish car bomb", just a "car bomb" or a "belfast bomber". please dont take offence to the names, i DID find the name to be in bad taist, and im only 1 generation below the ones in my family that were actually BORN in ireland.
    anyway, here is how its done(ive seen 2 ways):
    you take a pint glass and a shot glass.
    put a half pint of guiness in the pint glass(cause of foam issues...you'll see later).
    now, either fill the shot glass with jameson, or make it half bailes half jameson(please excuse my horid spelling).
    drop the shot into the pint glass and chug.

ok, here's my question: have you guys ever heard of it?(i kinda doubt it) its good stuff, messes you up quick(cause of the chugging part, i suspect)
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Your right 8*B@ll i havent heard of that mixture but i might give it a try.I suppose by beer you mean lager in that mixture?

Here is one u should try but its not to be chugged really and in a 1/2 pint glass.

This is what a lot of my friends would have after they have got bored of pints late on in the night.Its called a black Russian
    Website says Kahlua but i get the feeling my local leaves it out.

http://www.webtender.com/db/drink/3055

With regards to the word bomb and stuff ,us Irish arent that sensitive about that kinda stuff.Its actually a bit amusing.

Also in America i have seen some beers advertised with shamrocks wrapped around them and they cant be bought over here.Just good advertising ,think they associate us Irish as being drink experts or something :-)

ok, i fixed it so it says a half pint of guiness like it should...i wrote it up kinda quickly and forgot to mention that guiness is used.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

I like Jack Daniels...

And I had a lot of last night before responding to the UK thread..

I had to delete my post this AM..

DOH