Thread: Antionline login?

Antionline login?

Ok..... here goes nothing, the college i go to runs all internet traffic through a server ( i think), so i log into antionline under my user name, and everyone else in the college can access my account at the same time!

Any one know why, im presuming that its due to the cookie that antionline sets, but this is on MY personal user space, so therefore no-one else should be able to get to it right??

Any comments/answers welcome. TIA
    There\'s no sense in being Pessimistic...it would never work anyway.

I don't think it's the cookie, because when I log onto AntiOnline through my LAN connection, nobody else can access my account, and I use cookies as well. That is certainly a peculiar problem. How do you know it's everybody else in the college? Can they only do it when you're signed in? Maybe this is a stupid question, but have you signed in on any of the other computers that can access your account?

Originally posted by stflook
    That is certainly a peculiar problem. How do you know it's everybody else in the college?
    Because the person i was next to (pwaring) who also comes on antionline could access my account, and yes it was only when i logged in.

Originally posted by stflook
    Maybe this is a stupid question, but have you signed in on any of the other computers that can access your account?
    No, it was the first time, and maybe the last, that i was looking at antionline from college.

Re: Antionline login?

Originally posted by Therealmaster
    Ok..... here goes nothing, the college i go to runs all internet traffic through a server ( i think), so i log into antionline under my user name, and everyone else in the college can access my account at the same time!

Any one know why, im presuming that its due to the cookie that antionline sets, but this is on MY personal user space, so therefore no-one else should be able to get to it right??
    Which browser (+version) is your college using? Are you sure that the cache folder is at your own user space? Also, what if you clear the cache in the browser? Can anybody then access your account? My point is, if the cache somehow gets duplicated - to your own space and to some shared drive.
    You could also download some other browser, like Opera, and use AntiOnline with it. If the problem persists, then it's a really strange one.

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Re: Re: Antionline login?

Originally posted by ZeroOne

Which browser (+version) is your college using? Are you sure that the cache folder is at your own user space? Also, what if you clear the cache in the browser? Can anybody then access your account? My point is, if the cache somehow gets duplicated - to your own space and to some shared drive.
    You could also download some other browser, like Opera, and use AntiOnline with it. If the problem persists, then it's a really strange one.

-ZeroOne
    Nice idea, thanks i'll have to try it on monday!

Unfortunately we aint allowed to download/use exe files so using another browser is out of the question

Re: Re: Re: Antionline login?

Originally posted by Therealmaster
    Unfortunately we aint allowed to download/use exe files so using another browser is out of the question
    And you think we are? They don't check it if there are other browsers or at least they don't care...
    Also some computers are weaker protected than others (at least in my school). Others won't even let you to edit Netscape's preferences (which is very annoying, especially if max cache size is set to 1kb...) but others even let you to change the resolution (whoa).
    Also I think you can edit autoexec.bat/config.sys in any of our computers but the registry editor is somehow disabled, even though the computers are running Win95's.

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

In your AO account settings I believe there is an option to NOT use cookies, and to use authentication information that is passed around the site through the URLs. You might want to try changing the option and seeing if it helps.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency