Thread: Yahoo Messenger Flooding

Angry Yahoo Messenger Flooding

I use Yahoo Messenger alot and here lately, there have been numerous problems with flooders. At one time, I have received over 200 messages from an unknown source. What I'm trying to find out, is there a program of some sort to prevent this from happening? Any ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    greg len shore

Have you tried blocking the source?

Yahoo Messenger Flooding

There is no way to block the source. This only happens when we are in Yahoo Spades. Someone just starts sending you invites to a conference or numerous IM's. They are coming so fast, you can't even click the ignore button to stop it. After so many, it causes your Messenger to perform an illegal action and shuts down.
    greg len shore

I see. I know there are programs like this out for ICQ, so I would assume they're out there for Yahoo as well. I'll see if I can find something, and get back to you if I do.

they are prolly using a flooder program. if you can find me the program they are using.... i can try to write an anti-program. the other thing they may be using is a script.... and i can see about writing an anti flooder script.

Angry Yahoo Messenger Flooding

We have tried to find the program that is being used but have been unsuccessful. I do appreciate your help and if we do run across something I will let you know.
    greg len shore

i did a search too and can't find anything.... the only thing i can think of is that it might be a script that exploits a bug in the program..... i'll play with the program and see

Lightbulb

if you did not know already, you can have yahoo automatically ignore all invites.