Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WiNDoWS XP and its Performance.

Cool WiNDoWS XP and its Performance.

I have had a Windows XP beta for a while now. I am running it on a 600mhz intel celeron, with a intel i440bx motherboard. 128mb of ram voodoo 3500 agp 3d accelerated videocard (with tv capture abilities) and I run it in 1024x768 16bit video mode.

My machine runs POORLY. I scroll down in internet explorer on any website and I can see the page frame from top to bottom one frame at a time. Full Screen Video is extremely poor usually not passing more than five frames a second. I had to disable the fancy gui stuff that is new to xp. Keep in mind my pc ran SWEET in Windows Millenium.. Whats up? Is xp just junk? Oh ya.. I been running it like six months.. heh

(timer bypass crack) ---I know... Im bad...

N e ways someone inform me on this.. thanx!

------ EViLSeeD -_-

Arrow

XP is based on NT, so don't expect not to take a performance hit. On the other hand, though, you shouldn't be getting that much of a hit. First off, since it is just the beta, I'd get the real thing before you pass judgement on XP as a whole. Secondly, start with a clean install instead of upgrading your existing system. A system for 6 months will obviously have more problems than a new install.
    \"If you torture the data enough, it will confess.\" --Ronald Coase

ok well to explain the performance if you don't run a pentium 3 or 4 your not going to see it. I'm runnging 1700mhz and it performance is outstanding. It really utilizes the chip. I've been running XP pro for about a month the full version and so far I have no problems with it.

I would recomend getting at least a pentium 3 to see the XP performance.The speed on the internet has to do with all the files that are kept which I'm assuming that you know, try getting a cleandisk or sweepdisk from norton.That will really get your computer moving to.

Cool

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Lets see you spend at least $200 to $300 on XP and most likely most people don't have enough joice to run it so you have to up grade so that will cost you at least another grand so that will bring you to $1300 but thats just the processor you still need the mother board, the cooling fan, better get a liquid cooler , and then mabe you can run XP

on the other hand you could buy another box 'Intel will love you for that' and most new computeres start at $1500 Monitor and mouse included.Hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And you gotta contact Microsoft to get it to work

Back to Linux
    -=SolarisMKA=-

Talking XP saved my Laptop

I have an omnibook 6000, 650mhz 128 ram 8mb video memory, and let me tell you it sucked a$$. I worked so poorly with windows 98 that I was just about to sell it off on ebay. But yesterday I installed Win XP and let me tell ya, i'm keeping it for a bit longer ;-). Full screen video ran smoothly and its been running for over 24 hours without any problems. Don't get me wrong I'm not going to replace my linux boxs anytime soon, but this is defanently a step in the right direction for Microsoft. So my guess would be that your computer just dosn't run the beta well.

*note all spelling and grammar mistakes where added after this message was finished by 'misspel.cgi' ;-)

Re: XP saved my Laptop

Originally posted by TexT12
    I have an omnibook 6000, 650mhz 128 ram 8mb video memory, and let me tell you it sucked a$$. I worked so poorly with windows 98 that I was just about to sell it off on ebay. But yesterday I installed Win XP and let me tell ya, i'm keeping it for a bit longer ;-). Full screen video ran smoothly and its been running for over 24 hours without any problems. Don't get me wrong I'm not going to replace my linux boxs anytime soon, but this is defanently a step in the right direction for Microsoft. So my guess would be that your computer just dosn't run the beta well.

*note all spelling and grammar mistakes where added after this message was finished by 'misspel.cgi' ;-)

Just wanted to say HI to all the people who dont experience my epic delima.. As I speak I am sadistically formatting drive C of my XP box.. "MuahAhahahaAaha" (I am currently on mylaptop proudly running windows 98) Now just because your experiences are different... doesnt neccessarily mean your microsoft worshipin' rich pagan devils. No!, It simply means that your minds have been brainwashed by the fading in XP screen and that you all have come to see every morning before you go onto your day. Its ok.. There is a solution.. You need to go outside and run to your local computer store and pick up one of those boxes with that cool looking pengiun in it.. Install it on your boxes.. and rest assured you all should be cured almost immediately.. I am not a doctor.. but its ok.. I know what I am talking about... (Or so I think) ok well that is mr. evil seeds smart ass quote.. (not designed to offend anyone but rather its designed to make you chuckle.. Bye for now... oh by the way.. Wanna laugh your ass off? go here http://madblast.com/oska/humor_bin.swf
    ------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

Exclamation

Ok .. I found something some of you might find interesting..

I am trying to delete windows XP directory off my pc... im in a dos boot (windows me startup disk actually) n e ways.. I will decipher some of the commands i have put into here so that all of you understand...

ok here is my dos screen (emulated by sneakernet)

C:\>

C:\> Deltree c:\windows (deciphered: Delete windowsxp)
    Bad Command or File Name (deciphered: No)

C:\> CD\Windows (deciphered: Go into the windows dir)

C:\WINDOWS> (deciphered: your in the windows dir)

C:\WINDOWS>Del *.* (deciphered: Delete files in windows)
    Bad Command or File Name (deciphered: Bill gates says no)

C:\WINDOWS>CD\ (deciphered: Goto Root DIR)

C:\> (deciphered: Your in root now)

C:\>Deltree LINUX (deciphered: Delete linux)
    Warning! Linux is open sourceBill owns your ass..
    Deleting LINUX NOW BWAHWAHWAHAHA
    Deleting.. Stopping now.. could cause your harddrive heads to clash.. Causing a spark that could blow your whole house up!! HAHAHAHAHAH..

---Note: May be a dramatization....

------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

linux sminish

Damn widows basher! won't you ever learn XP smashes linux

As far as this goes

Damn widows basher! won't you ever learn XP smashes linux
    Live and let live. In AO there will always be hardcore Win and Linux fans it's just something we are gonna have to accept and move on. I personally don't use *nix because I'm afraid I don't have the patience or smarts to learn and use it, so therefore I take the easy route and use WinXP.

Now back to the thread topic. Microsoft recommends at least a 400mhz processor and 128mb of RAM for XP (which by the starting post you do have). Problem is that Celeron processors aren't worth the materials they are made with so they usually end up running about 100mhz slower than what they say they do. As far as the Voodoo card you are using it is kinda outdated considering that they have been out of business for awhile (not saying it's a bad card or anything). I'm running an Athlon 900 and 512mb of RAM with a Nvidia GForce 2 64mb of RAM (wonder if I'm a gamer?) and XP pro hauls some serious ass on my box. One suggestion would've been to complete install but someone beat me to it. Another way to add some speed is to run the services.msc command and turn off those you don't use as well as turn off system restore which eats up space.
    Risk everything, or gain nothing.

I have a full cracked copy of XP that doesn't require registering that I got from a Micro$hite beta tester friend of mine. It hasn't crashed once on me (which is to be expected considering the NT frame). ME was an evil, evil peice of software. Yes, XP is also evil in the sense that it's extremely hard to get rid of, but so far XP is my favorite Windows update. There are a ton of cool features that add up to a pretty reliable platform.