Thread: Win 2k Problem

Question Win 2k Problem

i'm running windows 2k and the machine will all of a sudden reboot. After it restarts I check the event viewer and this error is listed under savedump

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f (0x0000000d, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in: C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini111801-21.dmp.

I checked out the minidump folder and there is 139 different files with dates it "dump" what ever it is doing. If anyone could e-mail me a response back at cmd_spook@hotmail.com, it would greatly help.
    \"The most incomprehensible thing about the world, is that it is at all comprehensible\" -Albert Einstein

I'd guess that your computer is rebooting because you have the "automatically reboot" option checked in control_panel - system_properties - startup/shutdown, if you uncheck this box you'll get a normal bluescreen of death.
    As to why its blue screening, it would be nearly impossible to say - maybe someone else could translate those memory errors, not me though. Is there any common factor, eg: it happens more often when using internet explorer? Have you recently updated a driver or installed a new application? Did you change your APM settings in the bios?
    If you write down some of the errors you get from your bsod and search for them in the ms knowledgebase - you might turn up an answer.