View Poll Results: Which Linux should a newbie(me) learn for the first time.

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • RedHat

4 40.00%
  • Suse

3 30.00%
  • Mandrake

3 30.00%
  • Any Others

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you bomb the UK?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hehbris
    [B]this is because this war is not a war were some individual entities are involved but this war is
    against global terrorism.

[QUOTE]If this was a war against global terrorism then why isn't england and ireland combatting against terrorism on their home front, why aren't UN missions being sent to various war-lord run military states in africa? Or what about the FARC in Columbia? If the US were really set on eliminating global terrorism, then shouldn't they be bombing suspected locations of that psychotic abortion doctor killer in the US, is he not a terrorist?

Not according to the Laws of the US where he works he isnt, just the people who threaten his life...oh isnt that some sort of terrorism?

and each country is against terrorism.

[QUOTE]looks more like each country is against the taliban and bin laden, if even that. If each country was against terrorism then shouldn't the United Nations be the primary leaders of such a campaign? I don't recall Kenya showing any significant support, or somalia, or lebanon, or Argentina. Do we see China, a world super power doing much to contribute?

No...we have Syria..that well known bastion of not supporting terrorist groups.....did anyone mention Contra? or Sandanista?.

and that will be end of global terrorism...

[QUOTE]The entire world's terrorist population consists of only Bin Laden? That is a little naive.

why does pot, kettle and black spring to mind?

[/I]This is certainly not a campaign against terror, it is a campaign in favor of US policy and protectionism. The US are not the only victims of terror in this world, as a matter of fact terrorism is not even a concern to most americans.[/I]

Probably not, but then it isnt to most people unless they have the problem.

[/I]As for this ridiculous question, Bin Laden right now is the most sought after and recognizable person on this earth right now, why the hell would he go to england? [/I]

Couldnt Agree with you more. Wales, Scotland or Ireland (either) are much nicer at this time of year.
    Who Cares Wins

Ireland

Would appreciate it if people didnt keep comparing Bin laden or al Qaeda to the IRA over here.

Im not going into detail but i dont think that these groups are at all similar in motives or tactics.

Be interested to hear from the other Irish on Anti-online.Ennis? and especially Pete Mc Evoy from Belfast.

I know some people who support the IRA over here and would never dream of driving a plane into Downing St or Westminister or ever dream of condoning such an attack.

P.s. im not in the IRA or anything just dont think comparisons can be made.
    Anyone in the know from Boston, Ireland, U.K etc agree?

Hi mom!
    First of all, I don't think the UK wouldn't deliver OBL to the US, I think Blair will call OBL some sort of WarCriminal or push through some sort of law that'll make it possible to sent him to the US regardless.

Second, If UK forces capture OBL, I think they would hand him over to US-forces before they take him to the UK.

Third, if he would be in the UK, and you would keep him, I don't think the US will bomb you. I think they'll be confident you'd punish him to the full extend of your laws. UK has been the States' best pal for years, they don't want to risk anything...

Re: Ireland

Originally posted by siouxchief
    [/i]Would appreciate it if people didnt keep comparing Bin laden or al Qaeda to the IRA over here. [/i]
    Over where? In America? or in Ireland?

Im not going into detail but i dont think that these groups are at all similar in motives or tactics.
    IRA and Protestant Groups use Drug money and extortion to fund themselves...striking similarity there...without getting into the nitty gritty of planting bombs in crowded streets or at Rememberance day (veterans day) gatherings.
    Both terrorist groups carry out executions of people in front of loved ones\children without regard for anything.

Be interested to hear from the other Irish on Anti-online.Ennis? and especially Pete Mc Evoy from Belfast.
    Most people directly affected by the terrorism in Northern Ireland would be gratefull to see a cessation of all the tribal lunacy and a peaceful resolution.

I know some people who support the IRA over here and would never dream of driving a plane into Downing St or Westminister or ever dream of condoning such an attack.
    If they stand up and cheer, or reach into their pockets, when the collecting tins go around then they are supporting the Terrorism, whether it is the republican variety or the red hand variety.

Your friends may not be up for driving a plane into Downing street, but a few Mortars into its gardens are OK?? or an RPG fired at MI6 across the Thames?? or trying to blow up a Bridge across the Thames?

The main point I was trying to make earlier was that Terrorism, and its support, should not be allowed in any country at all.
    Who Cares Wins

Answer 1: Over here means Ireland

Answer 2: Vast ,Vast majority of the IRA's money comes from America i.e. Boston ,New York

Extra Fact: IRA are not drug dealers and are known to try and remove dealers from their neighbourhoods.

without getting into the nitty gritty of planting bombs in crowded streets or at Rememberance day (veterans day) gatherings.
    Both terrorist groups carry out executions of people in front of loved ones\children without regard for anything.
    Remember Bloody Sunday? Just for those who dont.British "soldiers" shot dead 14 unarmed people at a civil rights march in Derry.God sounds like terrorism?

http://www.bloodysundaytrust.org/

Also .Rubber and plastic bullets have been used as a means of intimidating and deterring demonstrations in North of Ireland. Since 1973, more than 54,000 of these lethal projectiles have been fired at the civilian population. Seventeen people, eight of them young children, have been killed, most in circumstances which amount to murder. Hundreds have been seriously injured. Injuries include serious mental and physical disablement.

Sounds a bit dodgy too?

Most people directly affected by the terrorism in Northern Ireland would be gratefull to see a cessation of all the tribal lunacy and a peaceful resolution.
    Yes i agree.

Your friends may not be up for driving a plane into Downing street, but a few Mortars into its gardens are OK?? or an RPG fired at MI6 across the Thames?? or trying to blow up a Bridge across the Thames?
    I think you are missing my point E-1 which is fair enough cos it is easy to get pissed off when someone is targeting your country and u probably couldnt give a crap about N. Ireland.As a recent poll suggests about 90% of people in england would hand N.ireland back instantly.My point was to point out the fact that Al Qaeda are insane in the fact that they think they are doing the things they do for god.Its a religious thing.They dont care about civilian deaths and have no main "cause".

If you analyse the IRA for a moment.Against popular belief the IRA dont hate british people or protestant people.The founder of Irish Republicanism (Wolfe Tone)was a protestant.

If they hated British people why do they destroy the centre of London at night in the business area of the city and give a warning when they could do it during they day in the shopping district without a warning?Simply to cause maximum damage and to force home the point to get British troops out of Ireland.Not to kill british civilians.

Again i must say im not anything to do with the group i just wanted to show the differences to people who wouldnt know.

after scrolling through the previous posts, which i didn't read, i have come to this conclusion...

Bin Laden (hereafter referred to as "the Scumbag", organized and facilitated the deaths of innocent people of origins lying in 62 different 'countries'...62! including the UK...

how would the UK justify the very presence of the Scumbag on their soil is beyond me, as with any of the other countries' nationals that were unwittingly disposed of for the sake of the Scumbag's will.

Mary, Queen of Scots, comes to mind...give the same justice to the Scumbag
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

With a well funded CIA that our president has given a license to kill, i don't think the UK not giving him up would be a problem, any sane person would turn their backs for a moment That would be much more honorable, for us than the humilation that the court system here could bring.
    Personally id like to see a press conferance called on his capture, let him step foward to make a statement and just shoot him point blank in the side of the head. pictures, posters what a boost to the economy.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Originally posted by intruder

so if at all UK arrests osama then also according to me it will hand
    him over to US immediately...and that will be end of global terrorism...

intruder....

I beg to differ. The arrest of one man WILL NOT be the end of global terrorism. I think it will inspire others..

The US has to be extremely careful not to make a martyr out of Osama Bin Laden or more Islamic extremists will follow and take his place.

Speaking of Islam I found it a little strange how the powers that be keep telling the media that "this is not a war on Islam but a war on terrorist groups"...If this is the case than why isn't carpet bombing taking place over Belfast or some of these milita groups within the US?

Anyway, it's food for thought....I'd just like to point out that I in no way am a supporter of any form of terrorism..........

In reply to siouxchief:

==============================================
    If they hated British people why do they destroy the centre of London at night in the business area of the city and give a warning when they could do it during they day in the shopping district without a warning?Simply to cause maximum damage and to force home the point to get British troops out of Ireland.Not to kill british civilians.
    ==============================================
    Unfortunately, that is exactly what the real IRA attempted to do in the UK last week. The real IRA planted a car bomb in the center of Birmimgham (next to the railway station and a large shopping district), and did not give any meaningful message as to where it was located. The only reason it failed to kill significant numbers of innocent civilians was because only the detanator exploded without setting off the main explosive charge.

On the more general point about extraditing Bin Laden from the UK to the US, this is actually illegal under UK/European law, because the US has the death penalty.
    So that would put the UK government in rather a difficult position.

edited by IchNiSan.....