Thread: Triangle boy

Triangle boy

has anyone used triangle boy? What are your thoughts?

Shmoo
    Whats Triangle Boy?

I'm not sure we want to know
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

Shmoo
    hehehe, you remember the Bubbleboy from seinfield?

This is quoted from the website at http://fugu.safeweb.com/sjws/solutio...ngle_boy.html:

"Triangle Boy is SafeWeb's response to Internet censorship. It is a free, peer-to-peer application that volunteers download onto their PCs so that users who have been blocked from SafeWeb (or any other site) can circumvent firewalls and filtering software and regain access to the site. "
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Shmoo
    Ah...

Thumbs up

AH....HAA...Thanks
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

Re: Triangle boy

Originally posted by linuxcomando
    has anyone used triangle boy? What are your thoughts?
    It was a fantastic idea. Unfortunately the people that brought us these great anonimity providing facilities announced last week that there service has been removed.

from Safeweb Team
    Dear SafeWeb Users,

We apologize for our recent quality of service. Since the
    Chapter 11 bankruptcy of our west coast co-location
    provider (ISP), we have been routing all of our traffic through
    our secondary server farm in New York City. This smaller
    server farm has become overloaded, resulting in increased
    latency, downtime, and generally poor performance.

For the time being, we are turning off our free consumer
    service. In future, we may relaunch the service on a
    subscruption basis. Please check back for more details.

Thank you for your patronage.

Best wishes,
    Safe Web Team
    This was a fantastic resource and overcome the insidious government snooping on peoples Internet connections via recent changes in UK law ( RIP act 2000 ). The system provided by SafeWeb allowed the end user to surf the web through an encrypted tunnel between your PC and their portal using the secure socket layer (on-the-fly 128bit encyption).

We've all now heard of recent changes in USA law regarding secret monitoring of Internet connections and backdoor boxes placed on ISP's equipement. Where will it all end? Anyhow a good facility ended and innocent Americans can look forward to further errosion of their civil liberties and freedoms.

"The best things in life are free" : except freedom, that costs dollars </cynicism>

4Q
    http://fourq.host.sk

I know man... That was a great service.. It was how we went around the STUPID filtering software that they put in my school... It was a great little tool.. Too bad they had to close it
    GodZeus101
    \"Knowledge is Power\"

Originally posted by GodZeus101
    I know man... That was a great service.. It was how we went around the STUPID filtering software that they put in my school... It was a great little tool.. Too bad they had to close it
    GodZeus101
    In the Safe Web raves and reviews one of the case studies cited was exactly the point you make about being able to circumnavigate filtering software. Wannabe BOFH's and fascist school administrators dictating what is unsuitable or inappropriate material for your delicate little eyes.

But on a more serious note the 'usage' without fear of detection of this technology was also cited, with numerous examples of people living in societies where the mere reading of news from the decadent western parts of the world was forbidden(probably with severe penalty). i.e. the technology allowed them to continue to read, write and report on things such as human rights violations going on in some of these horrible places. Now millions of peoples that live in fear of persecution are without that layer of protection.

The reason why the bandwidth demand was so high ... was because this was a service people wanted!! This is technology that can be used or abused but I'm afraid Big Brother would rather see everyone without this kind of technology because having unimpeded access to peoples private thoughts is ultimate control. </rant>

4Q

http://fourq.host.sk
    *Rant site* Closed and deleted many times