0010: 20 20 49 45 58 50 4c 4f IEXPLO
    0018: 52 45 2e 45 58 45 20 36 RE.EXE 6
    0020: 2e 30 2e 32 36 30 30 2e .0.2600.
    0028: 30 20 69 6e 20 68 75 6e 0 in hun
    0030: 67 61 70 70 20 30 2e 30 gapp 0.0
    0038: 2e 30 2e 30 20 61 74 20 .0.0 at
    0040: 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20 30 offset 0
    0048: 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 0000000

I don't see no 'All of your online history, registration info, cookies' there...

I dont know what all of you ppl that are complaning about XP are talking about. I have been with windows since W3.1 up to XP, also I got some exp. with Linux, and to tell you the truth, I think that XP makes it up there with Linux. It might have some pros and cons, like XP having "too much to do" with Microsoft ( by that, I mean Microsoft taking too much part in the regular use of it OS), but also the difficulty that bringing up a fully functional Linux Machine (whatever maker, whatever version) might present to the average user. I think ease of use plays a very important part(but wait, NOT the most important part) in weather a OS is good or bad.
    Well, thats my 2 cents worth....
    GodZeus101
    \"Knowledge is Power\"

Originally posted by hillbilly75
    How does windows destroy a machines performance?
    It's not Windows by itself that does it. It's all the extra bells and whistles, and all the extra things it has to run that drops your performance to the gutter.

Originally posted by Matty Cross
    stflook just doesn't like microsoft
    That's not entirely true. I didn't have anything against Microsoft before the release of Windows and Office XP. After I saw the stupid crap they put into them, I want to learn Linux.

Originally posted by Negative
    That's why it was a beta, Stflook. You can't expect your scanner manufacturer to write a decent driver for your scanner when all they got is a beta to focus on...
    I know that was because it's beta. I didn't expect everything to work, but I think bluescreening is a bit ridiculous, especially considering I was using the drivers that came with Windows XP.

Originally posted by Negative
    I suppose you're talking about ACTIVATION, not registration? If you don't want to register, don't. You don't have to...
    Yes, I was talking about activation, not regristration. Oops..

XP is the best Windows OS yet, as long as your comp. is able to take the demanding system requirements. It crashes least, is most secure, and Product Activation is only in the Home edition, not the Pro edition. yeah Linux is better, it always will be, but for those of us that have to run windows just to make life easier to maintain compatibility with the rest of the world... XP is probably your best bet! I'd set it up to dual boot with 98 actually tho, allows you to play games and stuff that way! WinMe is the WORST os Microsoft have ever made, 98 SE is pretty kool but stability is a rare commodity.

I currently have 98 | 2000 | XP | Linux Mandrake on separate hard drives on the same PC, quadruple-booting the 4 of 'em, andf also a dedicated Win98 machine and a dedicated Linux machine. That way I get the best of the lot - if somethin dont work in one, i can go to another OS and try it in that!
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

Originally posted by Rewandythal
    XP is the best Windows OS yet,
    I agree with you.. :-)

Product Activation is only in the Home edition, not the Pro edition.
    Correct me If I am wrong.. But the Activation Box came on my WinXP Pro OS at home..

I currently have 98 | 2000 | XP | Linux Mandrake on separate hard drives on the same PC, quadruple-booting the 4 of 'em, andf also a dedicated Win98 machine and a dedicated Linux machine. That way I get the best of the lot - if somethin dont work in one, i can go to another OS and try it in that!
    Again, I think thats the best way.. Maybe not those specific OSes, but XP and Linux fo sho! )
    GodZeus101
    \"Knowledge is Power\"

Just another note..
    HotLine has a WHOLE bunch of servers that have XP Home and XP Pro. They also have the crack for the activation.
    Not that Im telling anyone to go and get it from there.. FOR THE RECORD I do not agree with getting any Microsoft Software from a unauthorized place like HotLine, WInMX and etc.. where you can find any program that Microsoft chargers WAY too much for..
    well, thats my 2 cents..
    GodZeus101
    \"Knowledge is Power\"

Originally posted by GodZeus101

Correct me If I am wrong.. But the Activation Box came on my WinXP Pro OS at home..
    XP Pro doesn't have product activation, but it does have a serial key as a method of protection against piracy.

Product Activation was left out of Pro due to the fact that no organisation would use it if everytime they installed it they had to call Microsoft.
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"