Thread: Dual Booting with LiLo

Dual Booting with LiLo

Could someone tell me step by step how to dual boot with Lilo? I am currently running Mandrake 7.2 and Windows 98 SE along with some other OS's. My main concern is with Linux and Windows though. Also....with dual booting, if I access the internet with a dial up service with windows or linux....can I use both OS's online or just the one that I dialed on with? Thanx. Peace.
    [shadow]Prepare ship for ludicrous speed![/shadow]

FIrst of all be specific, what other os's do you run?
    If you had mandrake installation write Lilo @ the beginning of the master boorth record it will prompt every time you boot with a selection of what you want to boot (press tab)
    You can dial up with on OS at the time (logical huh?)

I get a list of which OS's I want to boot with when I start up, I choose either Linux or windows, the other Os's arent important. When I have my boot options It doesnt say anything about dual booting It lists four options.....Linux, failsafe, windows, and one more but I dont want to reboot right now to get it. Peace.

wait......I misread your post.....let me try what you mentioned.

Wink

I'm a big fan of installing lilo onto floppys, that way you won't mess up a win2k or NT install on the same machine.
    If you just have a win98 set-up, lilo on the MBR is the best way to go, but.. don't forget to make a boot disk anyway as if you ever install any other micro$hite os, it'll re-write the MBR and you'll loose access to *nix.

J.