Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ram or power suply

Here is what AMD recommends for power supplies.

What kind of settings are you looking for? Voltage for proccessor, power supply, etc.etc.?
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Ive seen a lot of posts saying that it is the power supply, but would a bad powersupply cause so many software errors such as IE crashing? You said that the computer was missing many files. Might I suggest running full diagnostic on the hard drive. Also make sure it is getting proper cooling.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Originally posted by ThePreacher
    Ive seen a lot of posts saying that it is the power supply, but would a bad powersupply cause so many software errors such as IE crashing? You said that the computer was missing many files. Might I suggest running full diagnostic on the hard drive. Also make sure it is getting proper cooling.
    A bad power supply can cause the voltage to drop which can result in cpu errors that could crash an application... Bad voltage can cause all sorts of weird things... As for the missing files, it could be a result of the reboots while writing to disk...

Also, for the proper voltage settings, check out your motherboard's user manual (and if you lost it check out the manifacturer's web site, they usually have pdf versions availible)

Ammo

Post The usual power or.. no, not mem

The memory was tested, it's not the memory.

It should be the power supply, since I have no virus, and no trojan, the firewall does not refer to any incoming or outgoing transmition, the port dump does not either ( yes port dump ) and MacAfee says I'm bug free from virus, the only ones that could be there are does versions of special servers of Sub7 or some quite unknown thing.

Yesterday I had a strange reboot, I was surfing, and on IRC at the same time, and the machine just shut down mirc and IE and did a logout, the next screen was the login screen, and it was so fast I first did not understand what had happenned.

My friend told me it was the fastest logout he'd ever seen, not a second long.

The power values I need are does of the core of the CPU and of the external parts.

Thank you all
    pipas_

If I remember correctly, AMD recommends at least a 300 Watt power supply.

ve seen a lot of posts saying that it is the power supply, but would a bad powersupply cause so many software errors such as IE crashing? You said that the computer was missing many files.
    Yes, a power supply could cause software instabilities.

Pedroamado - You never mentioned what other stuff you have in your PC. If you give a fully detailed listing, it would help. Many of the newer graphics accelerators require more power than a conventional video card, as do high speed disk drives.

It could very well be that you have a 250Watt power supply and you need a 300 Watt PS instead. This type of thing would cause the random resets you're describing -- I know, I just dealt with a TBird 1.2GHz with a failing power supply at work last week.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Thanks chsh,

I have a couple of hard drives, one 6Gb the other 15 Gb, 256Mb of 133mHz ram, a cdrom reader, a RivaTNT2 32Mb, and.... thats all, sound is motherboard resident, it came with the board and... nothing on the USB's.

Actually I was considering a third drive big IBM 20Gto install Windows 2000 and Linux and some other stuff, and also a CDrw, but now... with this happening... nothing before I solve it

Actually there is something else, please don't call me too stupid too many times, I have the 6Gb disk hanging and touching the box, I thing thats not the best way, but I'm gonna fix that and see what happends.

Thank you all.

pipas_