View Poll Results: What have you attended?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAL 2001

2 7.69%
  • Defcon

2 7.69%
  • Chaos Communication Camp

0 0%
  • H2K

0 0%
  • 2600 meeting in your country/area

4 15.38%
  • none

18 69.23%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How good a hacker are you?

Exclamation Newbie to hacking

i am a newbie to hacking.got interested a long ago.but got resources to build my knowledge late.i know a little C programming ,a bit about windows & linux(want to learn more) and read whatever comes my way about computers.

i think every one is a newbie to hacking as its a vast subjet.

Hacking to a newbie is what an ocean is to a prawn.

Originally posted by Syxx

Only newbies say "jou", "joo", "jo0", j0u" or any other replacement for "you". Any truly "elite" hacker types normal and talks normal to help the image of the entire hacker community, any type of "l33tsp3ak" just makes us all look like idiots to the rest of the world.

syxx@attrition.org
    hey i'm from the netherlands and there
    you=jij
    your=jouw
    that's yours=dat is van jou

I was typing to fast

I don't even know what l33tsp3ak means... wel I think something with speak but I dont know what leetspeak means

Banned
    If you dont know what l33tsp34k is youre doing well, if you do it was not by youre own choice I hope.

actually if it was up to me i would probly make up a new catagory to put me under
    really big computer geek/know it all
    computer security is my life i strive to learn more and more every day so that one day i will become the uberhacker that takes over the world......um...no....but as a 17 year old i know a lot of stuff but not everything...mostly dealing with with *inx

-Unix,Live Free or Die

Me even worse HaCkEr, says the caveman...

Do I consider myself a hacker? If I said yes, then I would be the one who wanna-wanna-be-script-kiddies (I.E AOL script kiddies) laugh at and try not to be like (and that is sad). If I say no, I retain my dignity, and my chances of scoring a girlfriend are still as low as ever, but I will not go to jail, or get my ass beat for being a wanna-be hacker. Because I say no, the only insult I will have to face is at school is being called a maniacal "scary" person in a school where I am one of the computer people, and therefore get ridiculed because of it, but that isn't too painful, and normally goes away after a few liters of a caffinated beverage. So if I was asked this question, I, of course, would have to say no... it is a hell of a lot easier to wake up in the morning and know that a major corporation will not lose money because of my actions.
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

Banned

Lightbulb hackers??

i think most of hte ppl that will click on uberhacker and speak in 1337sp3k are those that see tha move hackers and goto yahoo and type in how to hack get sub 7 and think yah this is fun im hacking but never learn i think most of you out their that call them self hackers we are all in a state of constatnt learning as new os's come out exploits etc i personnaly think that their is hacker at the top but different levels of script kiddienes \
    1. script kiddie never learn sit their with sub 7 cause trouble

2. leet script kiddie those like mafia boy who have some under stading of what their doing but still require others to right the programs for them

3. uberscriptie those like everyone on here can use *nix machines have a great knowledge of computers and have written a few programs them self or have found exploits

4. hacker those like JP that we all strive to be like

well thats my thought thanks for reading
    also
    try
    www.area-6.net for the best online challenges ive seen to prove ur rank hehe

Hell.. all I know about hackin' is what my instructor taught me in my CIW Certification classes.
    .:Galen.Bennett:.
    Ruckalicious.com - Forum Online.

<smartass>
    ¿¿¿hmm whats a computer???
    oh you mean the box thingi next to me.... that has something to do with whats on the screen? really oh I see.....
    </smartass>

denial() {
    well at least I have a life
    }
    01010111 01101001 01110010 01100101 01100100

I would say I am not a newby nor an elite, still got a lot of OS's I want to work with.
    But then again on the net everybody can say they're leet, and I doubt anybody here is leet. That includes JP.
    I have seen the elite, and they are not popular nor famous.